Museum Experience Assistant - All-new museum opening in June!
MCM is opening a bigger, better, bolder all-new museum in June 2017!
We’d like to share a little bit about what to expect after applying for this position. We are looking to hire 50+ new employees to work with our visitors in various positions. MCM’s recruitment team will be contacting qualified candidates beginning February 27th. If you are hired you can expect to join us for training on or around April 29th. Please call 651.225.6026 if you have questions. There will be an option to leave a message and we’ll get back to you!
Please complete our online application in full. The more information you provide, the easier it is for us to take steps to get you in the door!
Minnesota Children’s Museum’s mission is sparking children’s learning through play. We are dedicated to providing children with a fun, hands-on and stimulating environment to explore and discover. With locations in St. Paul, Rochester, and the Mall of America, MCM employs 65 full-time and 65 part-time employees. At MCM, our workplace values that guide how we work together are: Play, Include, Grow, Serve, and Strive.
Minnesota Children’s Museum is dedicated to growing a diverse and culturally competent team of highly engaged staff and volunteers. Applicants from diverse populations are strongly encouraged to apply.
A key position within the Museum Experience Department, Museum Experience Assistants are responsible for providing excellent customer service as well as supporting the Museum's educational philosophy through interaction with children and adults, along with supporting playful discovery within the gallery experiences. Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Provide excellent visitor experience in the galleries and public spaces by engaging and interacting with visitors.
- Engage children in play through use of props, costumes and exhibit components
- Facilitate or assist with assigned programming, following Museum program procedures and expectations
- Ensure exhibits ready for visitor use
- Maintain a safe environment
- Monitor exhibits and public spaces for safety concerns, including hazardous conditions and suspicious or unsafe visitor behavior
- Support division initiatives, including customer service, educational and sales initiatives
- Attend and participate in daily opening meetings, department meetings, trainings and other meetings as scheduled.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
The ideal candidate must possess the following qualifications:
- High School Diploma
- One year customer service experience
- One year working or volunteering with children in an educational or recreation setting
- Ability to complete basic first aid training (provided by the Museum)
- Demonstrated ability to work well with adults and children
- Skill in interpersonal communication
- Ability to express ideas clearly and present information effectively to museum visitors.
- Ability to calmly and effectively handle emergency situations.
- Ability to work a flexible, variable schedule, including some holidays, evening and weekend days
- Ability to work independently and make sound customer service decisions
- Ability to speak clearly and effectively in crowded settings
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced changing environment
To be considered please click Apply and complete the online application process on our website.
Minnesota Children’s Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse work environment.