Visitor Assistant - All-new museum opening in June!
MCM is opening a bigger, better, bolder all-new museum in June 2017!
We’d like to share a little bit about what to expect after applying for this position. We are looking to hire 50+ new employees to work with our visitors in various positions. MCM’s recruitment team will be contacting qualified candidates beginning February 27th. If you are hired you can expect to join us for training on or around April 29th. Please call 651.225.6026 if you have questions. There will be an option to leave a message and we’ll get back to you!
Please complete our online application in full. The more information you provide, the easier it is for us to take steps to get you in the door!
Minnesota Children’s Museum’s mission is sparking children’s learning through play. We are dedicated to providing children with a fun, hands-on and stimulating environment to explore and discover. With locations in St. Paul, Rochester, and the Mall of America, MCM employs 65 full-time and 65 part-time employees. At MCM, our workplace values that guide how we work together are: Play, Include, Grow, Serve, and Strive.
Minnesota Children’s Museum is dedicated to growing a diverse and culturally competent team of highly engaged staff and volunteers. Applicants from diverse populations are strongly encouraged to apply.
Minnesota Children’s Museum is looking for energetic, outgoing individuals who want to work in a fun, playful environment providing quality customer service to the public. We expect our Visitor Assistants to be excited about:
- Welcoming visitors as they enter the lobby, and orienting visitors to the Museum
- Accurately and efficiently checking in visitors at the front desk following proper cash handling and ticketing procedures
- Actively engaging visitors by helping them plan their visit, answering questions, and going out of your way to help when necessary
- Actively promoting membership and event sales to visitors, and achieving individual sales goals
- Responding to lobby crowding issues by directing crowds and supervising lines
- Greeting, orientating and assisting large school groups and birthday party guests
- Monitoring lobby for safety and cleanliness
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
The ideal candidate must possess the following qualifications:
- High School Diploma
- Minimum one year experience in a customer service related field
- Experience using a computerized sales system
- Commitment to excellent customer service and teamwork
- High comfort level working with children and the public
- Ability to complete basic first aid training (provided by MCM)
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including every other weekend and some
To be considered please click Apply and complete the online application process on our website.
Minnesota Children’s Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse work environment.