DIGITAL PRODUCT MANAGER
DIGITAL PRODUCT MANAGER
Twin Cities PBS produces two innovative national digital services. Launched in 2015, Next Avenue is the first and only national public media service designed especially for older Americans. Rewire is a newly launched product that connects young people with insights and information to help them grow, thrive and build a better world. We are seeking a full time Digital Product Manager to help us leverage digital tools and platforms to grow our audience, improve our service and maximize revenue. We’re looking for an analytical and entrepreneurial individual who works well in a fast-moving environment. The digital product manager will report to Next Avenue’s Managing Director, but will also support Rewire and potential future products as TPT’s digital publishing unit continues to grow.
The product manager will work with our digital publishing leadership to drive continual improvements to our digital platforms and tools. S/he will develop a deep understanding of our mission, audience and business goals, and will be our in-house expert on all functional issues around our digital products.
- Help guide digital publishing product strategies (site features, platform integrations, new tools, etc.).
- Manage and help prioritize our product backlog (user stories, daily stand-ups, sprint planning, etc.).
- Guide the user experience of digital publishing products (user testing, business requirements, wireframes, functional prototypes, etc.).
- Help plan and implement revenue generating tools and features (vendor coordination, sponsor integration, donations, etc.).
- Work closely with TPT’s technology team to implement product solutions (drive timelines, QA new functionality, identify bugs, etc.).
- Create analytic reports to help us assess effectiveness of products and inform decision-making.
- Proactively identify improvements and expansions to digital publishing products to help us achieve goals.
- Stay current with digital publishing best practices and innovations.
- Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- 5+ year professional experience in digital production,
- 2+ years in the role of a product manager.
- Experience with digital publishing is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of user interface best practices and standards.
- Proven ability to prioritize and organize multiple tasks within time constraints.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional detail orientation with specific attention to accuracy and quality service.
- The ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external partners in a friendly and professional manner.
If you have the necessary knowledge, skills and experiences, please visit our Career Center at http://www.tpt.org/careers/job-openings to apply online. Twin Cities Public Television is proud to be an Affirmative Action / Equal Employment Opportunity / Veteran / Disability employer.