CDI is a thriving company of over 100 employees. Thanks to those valued employees, we have grown by serving our customers well and building relationships based on honesty and integrity. We design and manufacture custom desiccant dehumidifiers and critical process air handlers and offer a great workplace:
"I work at CDI because it is a fantastic environment to learn and grow while being involved in interesting and important work. I like the work I do at CDI. The HVAC industry is an incredibly diverse field with many avenues for personal growth. I like the atmosphere. CDI has a team that respects one another and strives “egolessly” towards those goals. You should work at CDI if you like being at a place that values hard work, integrity and customer focus."
Daniel Peterson, Mechanical Engineer
We are currently hiring a Mechanical Engineer.
- Develops technology in an effort to establish ‘state of the art’ in product performance, manufacturability, and customer value.
- Applies heat transfer, fluid dynamic, acoustic and other mechanical engineering acumen for design, selection, prototyping and testing of products, components, systems, or sub systems as assigned.
- Assumes a leadership role in facets of product design technology as assigned or as need becomes evident.
- Develops systems and methods necessary to establish the technology and transfer it to CDI Design Standards and Best Practices, or to the OFF Team for incorporation in standard design implementation.
- Develops technology training plans and ensures that others are trained as appropriate.
- Achieves cost reductions through alternative design practices, component and methods selection alternatives, and product simplification.
- Proposes opportunities and organizes and leads cost reduction team initiatives as appropriate
- Works collaboratively with the Materials and Manufacturing groups to select component, supplier, and process alternatives.
- Assumes a leadership role in technology development and product enhancement/development initiatives.
- Proposes project scope and deliverables
- Executes project plans
- Transfers results and ensures integration with CDI Design Standards and Best Practices, and OFF Team practices.
- Working knowledge of CAD 3D model development and model manipulation/animation is beneficial.
- Computational skills involving higher level math including calculus, algebra and trigonometry, and statistical methods including regression analysis and quality charts.W
- Working knowledge of HVAC equipment operation and design practices.
- Ability to read prints and interpret and apply Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing including tolerance analysis.
- Ability to create spreadsheets and documents which meet professional standards of spelling, grammar and punctuation, and continuity.
- This position demands an ability to communicate messages and technical information in both verbal and written formats.
- Skill at effectively instructing or persuading is a regular requirement
- HVAC equipment design and function.
- 3D CAD solid modeling.
- Finite Element Analysis.
- BS degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Manufacturing Engineering, or equivalent experience and demonstrated performance.
- College level training in Materials Properties or Metallurgy, Thermodynamics, Strength of Materials, Calculus and Differential Equations, and Statistical Analysis.
- HVAC industry training
If interested in this role click Apply, visit our website call or forward resume to:
Leona Kaiser, Personnel Administrator
CDI is a EEO Employer