Seasonal Event Assistant - Hyland Hills
Greets park guests and hosts group events such as weddings, corporate outings, family reunions and more. Performs a wide variety of customer service tasks in the operation of facility rentals to assure efficient, effective, safe and clean operation is provided in a manner that creates a favorable image of the Park District while assuring the highest level of guest services possible.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists rental guests with all of their day of details and event needs provided by the facility.
- Courteously greets guests of those reserving the facility and other rental areas at the park as well as provides facility or event information to the guest in a manner that assures the highest possible level of guest services.
- Maintains basic services at the facility during events including rental setup according to detailed layout, adjusting sound system, lighting, blinds, replacing garbage's, recycling and compost, replenish restroom needs such as soap and paper products, cleaning up minor spills, taking down or rearranging tables and equipment.
- Provides beverage service duties to include but not limited to; clearing glassware, service ware, running the dishwasher, setting up and taking down of the beverage station, replenishing beverage station items as needed, tending bar for hosted or cash bar events which consists of beer, wine, malt beverages and non-alcoholic beverages, stocking coolers and taking inventory.
- Follows prescribed cash handling procedures and record keeping procedures for all beverage and event sales.
- Assist Park District Approved Caterers with needs or request of the facility.
- Contacts manager/supervisor, maintenance, public safety, or other facility staff regarding any "day of" issues or requests involving the rental group or issue with the facility.
- Performs other related duties as apparent or assigned.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: Minimum 18 years of age. High school graduation or Graduate Equivalency Degree (GED), plus at least one year of responsible customer service experience required. Two years of post-secondary education/training or two years of responsible customer service experience preferred.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to communicate with park guests, supervisors, and co-workers in a positive, friendly manner both orally and in written form. Ability to use correct grammar, spelling and punctuation and effective oral and written communication skills. Demonstrates strong customer service and professional telephone skills. Ability to read and understand operating, safety and procedure manuals, written instructions and product labeling.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS: Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with the general public and Park District staff and conduct self in a professional and enthusiastic manner. Ability to be diplomatic and pleasant under stressful conditions.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to perform basic math computations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Ability to use a calculator.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense thinking to solve routine procedural problems by applying simple learned responses.
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES: Ability to successfully complete the Minnesota Alcohol Server Certificate upon appointment.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Ability to work under minimum supervision.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to operate computers and cash registers, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, sit, walk, balance, stoop, crouch, twist, and bend. The employee also must occasionally lift and / or move up to 25 pounds, occasionally 50 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
A fully completed Three Rivers Park District Online Application must be received by Human Resources . This position is open until filled. Any materials received after the closing date and time will not be considered. Applications will be evaluated on the basis of relevant experience and training. A top group of applicants will be invited to participate in further job screening.
Final appointment is contingent upon the applicant passing a background investigation including a criminal history search. Costs of the background will be paid for by Three Rivers Park District.