Sr. Performance Engineer - Digital Apps
JOIN US AS SR. PERFORMANCE ENGINEER, DIGITAL APPS PRODUCT TEAMTarget is one of the world's most recognized brands and one of America's leading retailers. The Target Technology team is driving a transformation in retail, one that will move us from “brick-and-mortar and online” to “brick-and-mortar and everywhere else.” Our goal is to deliver Target's unique “Expect More. Pay Less.” promise to guests wherever and whenever they shop: in-store, online, on tablets and mobile phones as well as in the retail channels of the future. What You'll Be DoingAs a Sr. Performance Engineer you'll work within our digital applications (target.com, mobile, gift registry, subscriptions) performance product team to design and develop automated test suites end-to-end for digital applications. Specifically you're Performance Engineering skills will be used to:
- Develop, execute and analyze performance tests to identify performance opportunities.
- Consult development teams to recommend app designs for optimizing response time and scalability.
- Define, develop, and maintain workload models and target performance goals.
- Interact with development (Java) team and hands-on with performance tools such as JMeter, LoadRunner, jMeter, NetStorm, New Relic, Dynatrace, etc.
- Active member of a self-directed team leveraging agile practices in a DevOps environment
- Evangelize sound performance designs and practices companywide
- Share knowledge with the broader organization and potentially external communities
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- 5+ years total work experience
- In-depth knowledge of performance engineering practices
- Maintains technical knowledge within areas of expertise
- Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education
- Eagerly explores new areas to increase technical knowledge
- Experience using JMeter for load testing on large scale digital or ecommerce applications
- Experience building Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipeline using Git, Drone, Jenkins or similar tools
- Experience with coding languages to drive system integration and automation
- Experience with Agile, Lean, and DevOps practices
- Experience performance within a cloud environment
- Exposure, and/or interest in using Open Source technologies