Bookkeeper or Accounting Specialist
Accounting Specialist / Bookkeeper- Minneapolis
Doherty Career Solutions has teamed with a nonprofit to hire an Accounting Specialist or Bookkeeper. The Bookkeeper will be responsible for Accounts Receivable, Data Entry, Accounts Payable, and reconciliations.
$40,000-50,000 per year
- Monitor and manage all accounts receivable.
- Conduct data entry for property, monuments, markers, burial services and merchandise orders.
- Prepare and run monthly billing statements.
- Set up and process automatic debit/credit cards.
- Manage deferred payment program including distribution of coupon books to clientele.
- Contact past due accounts.
- Process accounts payable invoices, including the data entry, printing of checks for signing, mailing and maintaining vendor files.
- Perform a variety of non-accounting duties including answering the telephone, assessing customer needs and referring inquiry to the appropriate individual, taking messages, typing, receiving and distribution mail, organizing and maintaining office files and records, and other duties requested by management.
- 2+ years as Accounts Receivable or Bookkeeping experience
- High school diploma; Associate’s Degree preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and other Accounting software
- Demonstrated commitment to accuracy and attention to detail.
- MUST be able to work every 5th Saturday for 4 hours (subsequently get Friday afternoon off).