Admin and Accounting Clerk
Admin and Accounting Clerk- Edina, MN
Doherty Career Solutions has teamed with a local established client to hire an Admin and Accounting Clerk. The person will sit at the front desk with low foot traffic, and enter cash receipts and apply invoices to customer accounts.
*Temp-Hire, possibility for Direct Hire
- Order office supplies, mailroom supplies, office furniture, beverages and other kitchen supplies as needed, working with competitive companies to ensure that we receive the lowest prices.
- Maintain office machinery (copiers, printers, kitchen appliances, etc.), arranging for prompt repair / maintenance when one of the office systems is not functioning properly.
- Monitor the postage meter, ensuring that the machine has adequate funds and that any maintenance issues are attended to in a timely manner.
- Cater meals for special meetings held at the office, company events, and all-office lunches.
- Manage kitchen cleaning schedule, alerting the appropriate departments when it is their week to clean.
- Maintain a neat, well-organized, visually appealing reception area.
- Keep the mailroom and office supply closets neat and organized.
- Check copy machines nightly to ensure the paper reservoirs are filled.
- Promptly answer all incoming calls through the main phone line in a professional, friendly, helpful manner, transferring calls to the appropriate people and departments without delay.
- Receive all vendors and office visitors in a cheerful, friendly, welcoming manner.
- Provide daily entry of collections and deposits into the accounting system.
- Provide assistance with miscellaneous filing and other accounting projects.
- Provide backup accounting support as needed.
- Arrange courier services for local shipments to and from the corporate office.
- Process all overnight shipments and ensure adequate supplies.
- Provide administrative and clerical support to all headquarter employees.
- Perform other duties and assist with other company department projects, as requested.
- High school diploma, college coursework preferred
- 1+ year of Customer Service and/or light Accounting preferred
- Experience with Great Plains, Excel, and Word is a plus
- A pleasant, upbeat phone manner – friendly, helpful, courteous, etc.