Director of Liturgical Choir - Adjunct Faculty
7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
The University of St. Thomas seeks an adjunct faculty member to conduct the UST Liturgical Choir. The Liturgical Choir, a credit-bearing ensemble, sings for (leads) campus Mass two times per month, participates in special liturgies, and participates in the UST music department Christmas concerts. Responsibilities include:
- Working with the Assistant Director for Liturgy and Music to plan music for Mass.
- Leading rehearsals on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1:30 – 3:00 p.m.
- Conducting the Liturgical Choir during Mass two Sunday mornings per month and other special liturgies throughout the year.
- Coordinating the Liturgical Choir student workers.
- Supervising the student choir board.
- Overseeing the choral library.
- Working in conjunction with ensemble faculty to implement the yearly Christmas concerts.
- Reporting to the Director of Choral Activities.
- Guiding choir students on their faith journey.
Successful candidates will:
- be well-versed in the Catholic faith and liturgy.
- Hold an advanced degree in Music, Sacred Music, or Choral Conducting.
- Have experience conducting church or college choirs.
- Have a keen interest in mentoring students on their faith journey.
Applicants should upload a resume to their profile and copy/paste a cover letter into the application.
At this time, please do not upload any documents beyond those requested.