Sr Manager TTS - Telecom Expense Management
JOIN US as a Connectivity Sr. Manager - Telecom Expense ManagementTarget is one of the world's most recognized brands and one of America's leading retailers. But behind the brand our guests love, is a culture of continual innovation - and right now, we are up to big things. The Target Technology Team is driving a transformation in retail, one that will move us from “brick-and-mortar and online” to “brick-and-mortar and everywhere else.” Our goal is to deliver Target's unique “Expect More. Pay Less.” promise to guests wherever and whenever they shop, today and tomorrow: in-store, online, on tablets and mobile phones, and in the retail channels of the future.As a Telecom Expense Management (TEM) Sr. Manager on the Connectivity Team you are responsible for the management of the telecom expenses associated with Target's connectivity transports with carriers. You will be responsible for working with Target technical, business and vendor management partners to provide business guidance for Telecom solutions, forecasting for spend and different initiatives associated with telecom expenses. You will be engaged with several vendors and responsible for key business aspects for teams consuming carrier services. The key to the success of this position is having strong & innovative approach to problem solving, great attention to follow up, business knowledge, expert understanding of billing systems and carrier billing, technical leadership, excellent communication (written and verbal, formal and informal), flexibility, and a self-motivated working style with attention to detail.Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a TEM Sr. Manager, you'll take the lead as you…
- Drive best practices and ensure development of high quality savings and forecasting for telecom expenses
- Partnering with technical and business teams to map the best carrier solution - focused on value
- Responsibilities include managing the budget and forecasting for carrier costs associated with carrier services
- Consult with technical and business teams to map quotes and business cases to carrier costs
- Build and manage a team of high caliber TEM analysts that have the right skill and drive to go after carrier savings opportunities
- Plan, coordinate, direct and design all operational activities of a TEM team, as well as provide consult and support for IT solutions that enhance business operations associated with carrier technologies
- Responsible for the on-going financial operations and project work driving enhancement for Metropolitan area network (MAN), wide area network (WAN), and associated technologies
- Lead the development of efforts to create a forecast of financials, metrics and measures that are meaningful to the TEM services for Target
- BS degree in computer science or equivalent
- 8+ years of Infrastructure Telecom Engineering and Billing, including network technologies
- 8+ years of working with a Telecom expense management tool
- 3+ years of managing teams with a strong track record of delivery for cross-functional products.
- Proven track record of building and managing high performing technical teams with an emphasis on scaling them to meet the demands of a fast paced environment
- Technical knowledge and background in Telecom expenses and associated solution.
- Proven experience and track record of managing a large Telecom expense budget, including savings and a forecast
- Proven experience of working with financial systems to Experience with test-driven development and software test automation
- Good understanding of agile development processes and methodology; including continuous integration and continuous delivery practices.
- Expert level with excel and/or other tools to account and forecast carrier spend
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex TEM information in a clear and concise manner to variety of audiences