Desktop Support Specialist I - FT (Help Desk, IT)
SFM -- The Work Comp Experts. We’re more than just insurance!
…Ideas... …Innovation... …Imagination…
Since 1983, SFM’s mission has been to be the workers’ compensation partner of choice for agents, employers, and their workers. While we’ve expanded to over 14,000 customers in the Midwest, and have grown our offerings to include vocational rehab, safe patient handling, loss prevention, medical services (and more!), our focus continues to be unrivaled customer service, injury prevention, and results.
As a Desktop Support Specialist I, you’ll configure, administer, and support information and communication systems, while preserving company resources and maintaining high standards of professionalism, ethics, and customer service. This role provides technical phone and email support to end-users for incident calls from the central IS operations phone line & email. Acts as a resource and provides support to end-users for PCs, peripherals and software. Assists in the procurement of PC hardware and peripherals, including tracking and maintaining printer supply inventories. Administers voicemail and telephone changes for employees.
- Provides primary help desk support for PCs, peripherals, & software via phone, email, or in-person.
- Installs, upgrades, repairs, & maintains Information Services’ supported equipment including, workstations, printers, fax machines, copiers, & network equipment.
- Responsible for internal VoIP phones & server as well as updating the auto attendant system.
- Assists in the procurement of PC hardware & peripherals and tracks inventory levels for supplies.
- Tracks technology assets, support requests, & purchase information through date of acquisition, warranties, physical locations, repair histories, & work order documentation using the department’s internal tracking software.
- Maintains software inventory & assists in tracking software licensing & reviews PCs/laptops for proper software licensing.
- Acts as the primary technical & account support person for web conferencing platform & other telecommuting related technical issues.
- Follows company best practices & customer service excellence through timely problem resolution & tracking.
Approx. 45% of time is split between lifting, bending, squatting, and installing computer equipment around the office (monitors and CPU units weighing approximately 15-20 pounds) and infrequent visits to SFM subsidiary worksites. Work is performed indoors with little to no exposure to extreme outdoor weather conditions.
--We’re looking for--
- A two-year degree in computer-related discipline.
- Two (2) plus years of full-time experience in computer application and operating system support.
- Telecommunications and remote employee support experience, preferred.
- Current certification as an A+ Technician, Network+ Technician, and/or Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist.
- Knowledge of PC networking, Windows Operating Systems, Cisco VoIP, and other PC/laptop related hardware.
- Ability to follow directions, understand, and adhere to team procedures and company best practices.
- Strong communication skills including the ability to listen and speak clearly and concisely to customers and coworkers whom have a wide range of technical comprehension.
- Task oriented.
- Passion for excellence in customer service, safety, and furthering one’s own knowledge.
- Displays integrity, respect, and confidentiality.
- Highly organized and accurate with strong attention to detail.
--Exciting & rewarding--
SFM was named a MN Top Workplace in 2015 and it’s not just because we offer a competitive salary and comprehensive insurance plans. We want our employees to feel proud, at home, and appreciated! Here are just SOME ways we show it:
- Alternative schedules -&- flexible hours for WORK-LIFE BALANCE
- Relaxed, professional environment - BE YOURSELF
- Traditional -&- Roth 401(k) retirement plans with employer MATCH
- Charitable giving with employer MATCH
- PAID day to volunteer in the community
- SFM Foundation scholarship program
- Career mentor -&- development programs
- Company training -&- education reimbursement
- Wellness -&- safety programs
- FREE ON-SITE fitness center
- ON-SITE café -&- sick, new mother, -&- child care rooms
- FREE employee assistant plan (EAP)
- PAID holidays -&- leaves
- FREE short -&- long-term disability -&- life insurance
- College savings, adoption assistance, -&- savings bonds
- Pre-paid legal -&- identity theft protection
- Auto -&- homeowner’s insurance DISCOUNTS
- MERSC, Verizon, -&- gym membership DISCOUNTS
- Voluntary cancer, accident, -&- critical illness insurances
- FREE parking
- And MORE!
- Click to APPLY! -&- Find out why SFM employees have stuck around for 30+ years!
- Check Us Out @ www.sfmic.com/careers -or- https://www.youtube.com/user/SFMcompanies for more information.
If you feel any of your responses to the online profile or application will reveal your protected classification(s), do not provide that information. Do not provide high school dates of attendance or graduation. The online application and profile allow you to upload a resume/cover letter instead of manually entering all of your information.
If you need assistance during the application or interview process due to a disability, please contact Human Resources at (952) 838-2083 so accommodations may be discussed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SFM Mutual Insurance Company and each of its parent companies, subsidiaries and/or affiliated companies are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital, familial, or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected classification.
SFM Companies, EEO/AA Employers.