Claims Rep - FT (Lost Time Adjuster, Work Comp Insurance, Loss)
SFM -- The Work Comp Experts. We’re more than just insurance!
…Ideas... …Innovation... …Imagination…
Since 1983, SFM’s mission has been to be the workers’ compensation partner of choice for agents, employers, and their workers. While we’ve expanded to over 14,000 customers in the Midwest, and have grown our offerings to include vocational rehab, safe patient handling, loss prevention, medical services (and more!), our focus continues to be unrivaled customer service, injury prevention, and follow-through.
As a Claims Rep, you will support SFM’s South/ Metro Middle Market business unit by handling an assigned case load to include; investigating, determining liability, reserving, authorizing payment of medical and wage loss benefits, directing and monitoring medical, rehabilitation, and legal services. SFM has a unique model and structures its teams into multi functional business units. Claims Reps report to the Business Manager, as do Medical-Only Reps, Sr. Claims Reps, Underwriters, and so on. Everyone in the unit works cohesively, it is not a segmented or silo approach. Inherently, there is room for growth and development within the team.
--We’re looking for--
- Bachelor’s degree in insurance, risk management, business, psychology or related field preferred with one (1) year of experience in an insurance environment, preferably workers’ compensation &/or casualty -OR-
- High school diploma/GED with five plus (5+) years of equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of workers’ compensation laws as applicable to claims administration and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work with little supervision.
- Effective prioritization, organization, attention to detail, and time management skills.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills in order to interact in a collaborative team environment and effectively communicate with a diverse group of customers and other parties.
- Ability to assimilate, understand, and analyze information from a variety of sources.
- Complex problem-solving, decision-making, and basic math skills.
- Proficient computer skills (e.g. MS Office Suite), preferably in a Windows environment.
- Ability to work in a paperless environment with majority of time spent at a computer.
- Professional insurance designations (CPCU, ARM), a plus.
--Exciting & rewarding--
SFM was named a MN Top Workplace in 2015 and it’s not just because we offer a competitive salary and comprehensive insurance plans. We want our employees to feel proud, at home, and appreciated! Here are some ways we show it:
- Alternative schedules -&- flexible hours for WORK-LIFE BALANCE
- Relaxed, professional environment - BE YOURSELF
- Traditional -&- Roth 401(k) retirement plans with employer MATCH
- Charitable giving with employer MATCH
- PAID day to volunteer in the community
- SFM Foundation scholarship program
- Career mentor -&- development programs
- Company training -&- education reimbursement
- Wellness -&- safety programs
- FREE ON-SITE fitness center
- ON-SITE café -&- sick, new mother, -&- child care rooms
- FREE employee assistant plan (EAP)
- PAID holidays -&- leaves
- FREE short -&- long-term disability -&- life insurance
- College savings, adoption assistance, -&- savings bonds
- Pre-paid legal -&- identity theft protection
- Auto -&- homeowner’s insurance DISCOUNTS
- MERSC, Verizon, -&- gym membership DISCOUNTS
- Voluntary cancer, accident, -&- critical illness insurances
- FREE parking
- And MORE!
- Click APPLY -&- Find out why SFM employees have stuck around for 30+ years.
- Check us out @ www.sfmic.com/careers -or- https://www.youtube.com/user/SFMcompanies for more info!
If you feel any of your responses to the online profile or application will reveal your protected classification(s), do not provide that information. Do not provide high school dates of attendance or graduation. The online application and profile allow you to upload a resume/cover letter instead of manually entering all of your information.
If you need assistance during the application or interview process due to a disability, please contact Human Resources at (952) 838-2083 so accommodations may be discussed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SFM Mutual Insurance Company and each of its parent companies, subsidiaries and/or affiliated companies are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital, familial, or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected classification.
SFM Companies, EEO/AA Employers.