ITS 4 - Windows System Administrator
This position is responsible for the application of researched and proven methodologies as well as networking principles, security and best practices to design, support and maintain the Minnesota State Enterprise Wide Area Network (WAN). This person serves as consultant to Minnesota State Infrastructure and Development teams, College and University ITS staff in the areas of network architecture and security. The incumbent serving in this position is a member of a team that collaboratively engineers, manages, deploys, troubleshoots and maintains the Minnesota State's system wide area network.
- Four years of experience in information systems and network analysis, telecommunications, and data networking and design with expertise sufficient to support a large, complex Cisco LAN/WAN environment
- Four years of hands-on experience configuring/programming networking hardware (switches, routers, firewalls, and load balancers)
- Four years of experience utilizing network management tools and applications sufficient to manage highly available environments and their bandwidth requirements
- Proven knowledge of established IEEE Ethernet, IEEE 802.3 / 802.11 standards and interoperability issues with BGP, OSPF, Spanning Tree Protocol, and multicasting, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, QOS, VOIP, MPLS technologies as well as experience with routing protocols such as BGP, EIGRP and OSPF
- Strong oral and written communication skills sufficient to successfully communicate with both technical and non-technical personnel
- Four years of technical experience with designing, implementing, operating and troubleshooting TCP/IP and Ethernet-based network architectures in conjunction with technical expertise sufficient to mitigate risk and understand the ramifications and impact that decisions have at both a campus and system level
- Two years experience designing, implementing and managing virtualized network infrastructure
- Two years experience with Unix, programming languages, scripting tools and batch routines
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certification
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or a related field or a combination of equivalent education and experience
- Ability to lift 30 pounds and work in tight spaces
This position requires the successful completion of the following:
- Written exam as part of the interview process
In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (Minnesota State) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to Minnesota State’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
Minnesota State offers an excellent work environment along with competitive compensation and benefits including tuition reimbursement. If you are interested, get all the details including salary information from our online job posting on the State of Minnesota’s Employment site at www.mn.gov/careers by searching for:
Job Family: Information Technology Careers
Department: MN State Colleges & Universities
Location: St. Paul
Job ID: 12027
Application deadline is March 23, 2017. No late applications will be considered. Please submit your resume and application online per the instructions in the individual job postings.
The Minnesota State System is an Equal Opportunity employer and educator.
Employment information for this position can be found in its collective bargaining agreement or its plan document at http://mn.gov/mmb/employee-relations/labor-relations/Labor.
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.