Mechanical Designer/ Drafter
Inginaire is looking for candidates to fill a Mechanical Designer/ Drafter position for our client located in Minneapolis, MN. This is a long term contract position.
- Generate conceptual and detailed model designs of sub-systems and components.
- Create part and assembly models in 3-D using SolidWorks design software.
- Work effectively from sketched details received from a Designer or Engineer and drawing markups.
- Review drawings for accuracy and tolerance.
- Create part drawings and detail for fabrication
- Create assembly drawings and build the bill of materials
- Implement revisions to print drawings.
- Drive continuous improvement by finding ways to enhance quality and performance with shop and field assembly, adjustment, function, aesthetics, costs and maintenance.
- Minimum two-year degree in Mechanical Design Engineering Technology or related Computer Aided Drafting Training
- Minimum 3 to 10 yearsâ€™ experience in design/drafting of mechanical and/or structural systems.
- Experience with 3D modeling software.
- Must have SolidWorks experience and AutoCAD experience a plus.
- Knowledge of fabrication techniques and machine shop experience beneficial.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology beneficial.
- This includes applying principals, techniques, procedures and equipment to the design and production of companyâ€™s projects.
- Knowledge of raw materials, fabrication processes, quality control, costs and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of machinery.
- Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to work efficiently on a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated technical abilities within 3D CAD modeling and drafting.
- Strong critical thinking ability to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Self-directed and results-oriented; proven ability to organize, plan and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Permanent Work Authorization, U.S. Citizen or U.S. National.