Public Safety Officer - Full Time, 0.77FTE
St. Catherine University is accepting applications for a 0.77 FTE, full-time Public Safety Officer in its Public Safety Department. Public Safety Officers are responsible for creating and maintaining a safe and secure campus environment and effectively handling emergency/crisis situations such as severe weather, medical emergency, assault and fire. Typical schedule will consists of Monday – Friday, 6:45am – 2:45pm, August through May.
• Effective patrol of buildings and grounds.
• Locking and unlocking buildings according to designated schedules.
• Responding to calls for assistance and providing escort service.
• Enforcing parking regulations.
• Providing effective response, investigation, and documentation of unusual or criminal incidents, medical emergencies, and fire alarms.
• As a dispatcher, handle incoming calls and monitor responses.
• Conduct routine safety inspections of buildings and grounds using OSHA and other regulatory guidelines.
• Provide point-to-point service per University shuttle transportation schedule in designated University vehicle.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or G.E.D required
• Associate or Bachelor's degree in law enforcement, social service, or criminal justice preferred
• Five or more years experience in public safety in an institutional or campus setting preferred
• Two or more years demonstrated leadership and increasing levels of responsibility preferred.
• Priority will be given to those candidates with current First Aid and CPR certification.
• Candidates must have the ability to work with cultural and gender diversity.
• Decision-making, problem solving, and verbal and verbal and written communication skills are a must.
• PC experience is helpful.
• Must consent to finger printing and criminal history (background) investigation
• Must have a history of a clean driving record and meet University Van Certification qualifications.
• Previous investigative experience preferred.
The successful candidate must have the ability to respond respectfully and effectively to people of all cultures, in a manner that affirms the worth and preserves the dignity of individuals, families and communities.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace Employer; Tobacco-Free Campuses
Our university is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org