Doherty Career Solutions has partnered with a client in Fairmont, MN to hire for a Senior Accountant. Our client company is looking for an accountant that is responsible for various daily, weekly and monthly financial reporting functions including postings of payable, receivable and payroll transactions. This opportunity includes managing 2 employees.
This position is a direct hire and initial screening is through Doherty Career Solutions.
Our client is an established company and is well diverse with over 17 locations. This client offers competitive pay: a generous benefit package including business casual work environment, health, dental, vision, life insurance, paid holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO) and a 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting and company safe harbor matching.
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT RESPONSIBILITIES
The Senior Accountant position is responsible for:
· Manage and direct all personnel in the accounting department to improve and maximize performance.
· Review and post commodity and accounts payable batches to include proper commodity settlement, receipt verification, sales tax accuracy and authorizations.
· Research and resolve vendor calls regarding accounts payable.
· Verify and apply cash receipts to A/R transactions.
· Generate and print accounts payable and commodity payable checks.
· Prepare inventory reconciliations, month-end work papers and other month-end duties as assigned.
· Verify and enter daily bank transactions.
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT REQUIREMENTS
The following are required for the Senior Accountant role.
· Associate's degree in accounting or business
· 3-5 years accounting experience
· 1-2 years supervisory experience
To submit yourself as a candidate or to inquire about the Senior Accountant position, please contact the Doherty Office at 952-832-3576 to learn more about this or other opportunities click the link: http://www.dohertystaffing.com/jobs/jobs #officecareer
Download our mobile app for iOS & Android | www.doherty.jobs/app