7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Doherty Career Solutions has partnered with one of North America's and most respected and engineering organizations that is looking to add an Electrical Designer to their team. This company offers a full range of services including early contractor involvement, feasibility studies, estimating, design, procurement, construction, and equipment installation and construction management. Their experience ranges from existing facility expansion and renovation to new facilities, maintenance and shutdowns.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reports project progression updates and/or issues to Lead Electrical Designers required.
- Utilize applicable engineering national and local codes.
- Develops 3D models utilizing drawings, sketches, and design skills. Checks and navigates in the 3D models for interferences and constructability.
- Creates plan drawings and details for electrical deliverables.
- Develops sketches to accompany other concept documentation.
- Develop schematics and one-line drawings from engineering sketches or markups.
- Maintain master drawing set with current revisions for the electrical and controls design drawings.
- File master sets/originals, superseded drawings and originals as required in a timely manner.
- Complete as-built by utilizing Request for Information (RFI) forms, Engineering Change Notices (ECNs) and red-marked drawings from construction to develop “Conformed to Construction Records” as required.
- Participates in project meetings as required.
- Checks design for consistency, safety, operability and maintenance requirements before submitting to checking.
- Resolves checked drawings; prove and understand comments made.
- Routes electrical cables to generate a cable schedule.
- Model electrical components using vendor submittals and electrical designs.
- Completes miscellaneous tasks to support project development.
- Must be able to represent company's manner to owners, contractors, vendors and any other contacts outside the organization.
- Associates or vocational degree in drafting technology or high school diploma or general education degree (GED). One to three years' of power plant design experience or related field experience preferred but not required.
- Experience utilizing 3D programs such as MicroStation, AutoCAD, Revit, AutoCAD MEP, or Navisworks and have knowledge of the latest computer operating systems.
- Must be able to conceptualize in a 3D environment.
- Must be able to communicate through emails and utilize electronic meeting requests.
- Must have a working knowledge of spreadsheets, databases and PDF software.
To submit yourself for the Electrical Designer opportunity, please first apply online at www.doherty.jobs then call our Doherty Career Solutions office at 952-832-8390. You may also submit a resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org #EngineeringCareers
Download our mobile app for iOS & Android | www.doherty.jobs/app