Doherty Career Solutions has partnered with one of North America's and most respected and engineering organizations that is looking to add a Structural Engineer to their team. This company offers a full range of services including early contractor involvement, feasibility studies, estimating, design, procurement, construction, and equipment installation and construction management. Their experience ranges from existing facility expansion and renovation to new facilities, maintenance and shutdowns.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare designs for assigned structure(s) including research, system selection, analysis, and drawing preparation on projects ranging from moderate to large in size and complexity.
- Apply department and industry standards to oversee the preparation of calculations, project drawings, and project specifications.
- Incorporate the requirements of the Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) contract, customer Requests for Proposals (RFPs), professional service agreements, or other contractual requirements ensuring the projects meet or exceed project goals.
- Research new markets and adapt current process and work flows to successfully execute project deliverables.
- Mentor and direct the work of entry and mid-level employees for skills development. Reviews their progress and results. Provides direction and coaching, as needed.
- Coordinate with internal and external partners including cross-discipline, construction, vendors, fabricator(s), and owners to address structural-related issues or concerns.
- Oversee the development of ECN's for design changes. Recommend changes for standards or process improvements, as needed.
- Prepare, monitor, and update project plans, schedules, and budgets (including staffing needs) to project management and department management.
- Support department managers in setting and achieving performance goals for the department.
- At least three-ten years' experience in structural engineering and design. A minimum of three years in the power industry or industrial markets, preferred
- Functional in utilizing spreadsheets, databases, word processing, and computer operations
- Knowledgeable in engineering software, specifically SAP2000, SAFE, spMats, and Mathcad
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering in a civil or architectural engineering program from an ABET accredited four-year college or university program. Some masters' coursework preferred
- Licensed Professional Engineer
To submit yourself for the Structural Engineer opportunity, please first apply online at www.doherty.jobs then call our Doherty Career Solutions office at 952-832-8390. You may also submit a resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org #EngineeringCareers
Download our mobile app for iOS & Android | www.doherty.jobs/app