Doherty Career Solutions has partnered with one of North America's and most respected and engineering organizations that is looking to add a Mechanical Designer to their team. This company offers a full range of services including early contractor involvement, feasibility studies, estimating, design, procurement, construction, and equipment installation and construction management. Their experience ranges from existing facility expansion and renovation to new facilities, maintenance and shutdowns.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Will undertake challenging work on mechanical engineering projects involving design, planning, and problem-solving. Project responsibilities will include completing equipment layout, mechanical design using CADD modeling software, and assistance with construction plans and specifications.
- These activities will be related to the design of process piping and pumping systems, industrial ventilation, industrial machinery and equipment, conveyor systems, and building systems. The work will be primarily related to industrial processing facilities, refineries, power plants, and other heavy industrial facilities.
- Draft sketches, piping and instrument diagrams, or model 3D equipment items for power plant systems including steam cycle systems, boiler feed and condensate, water treatment, fuel handling, hydraulic, heat transfer systems, conveying systems, and air and gas systems.
- Check design deliverables in accordance with industry codes and standards, contract requirements, and company standards.
- Adhere to schedules and work assignments to ensure successful project completion.
- Coordinate with other drafters, designers and other team members assigned to a project or task, and support work progress and results.
- Train and advise interns or new graduates
- At least a Two-year technical certificate or other education or training related in Drafting or Design.
- At least 2 years of related design experience.
- Knowledge of drafting software including AutoCAD and other mechanical design software.
- Proficient in basic computer programs including MS Word and Excel, web browsing and e-mail programs.
To submit yourself for the Mechanical Designer opportunity, please first apply online at www.doherty.jobs then call our Doherty Career Solutions office at 952-832-8390. You may also submit a resume directly to email@example.com #EngineeringCareers
Download our mobile app for iOS & Android | www.doherty.jobs/app