Staff Accountant- Edina, MN
Doherty Career Solutions has teamed up with our local client to hire a Staff Accountant. The Staff Accountant will work within all aspects of financial and reporting.
* Direct Hire
- Prepare monthly GAAP and/or statutory work papers and journal entries in order to deliver accurate and timely monthly financial statements and reports.
- Hands-on accounting (A/P, A/R, General Ledger, etc.)
- Assist with reviewing monthly journal entries, schedules and account reconciliations.
- Identify and propose changes to existing procedures in order to attain meaningful process efficiencies.
- Assist with all statutory reporting, premium tax filings, compliance requirements and recording of all other statutory licenses and fees for legal entities assigned.
- Participate in regulatory financial examinations, completion and submission of all regulatory and compliance filings for all legal entities and other regulatory support where needed.
- Manage inquiries from internal and external auditors.
- Integrate with senior management throughout the holding company, including CFO as well as various leaders in finance, tax, actuarial and operations, on special projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2-5 years experience in Accounting
- Proficient in Excel
Apply for Staff Accountant
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly