Accounts Receivable - FT (A/R, Accounting, Finance, A/P, Payable)
SFM -- The Work Comp Experts. We’re more than just insurance!
…Ideas... …Innovation... …Imagination…
Since 1983, SFM’s mission has been to be the workers’ compensation partner of choice for agents, employers, and their workers. While we’ve expanded to over 14,000 customers in the Midwest, and have grown our offerings to include vocational rehab, safe patient handling, loss prevention, medical services (and more!), our focus continues to be unrivaled customer service, injury prevention, and results.
As an Accounts Receivable Team Member, you’ll be an active team member of the Finance group by administering accounts receivable (A/R). You’ll develop and maintain an efficient and effective means of billing and collecting Company premiums, and make decisions regarding overdue balances and payment timing by working with policyholders, agents and outside collection firms, as necessary. This role has a general understanding of the premium audit process.
--We’re looking for--
- A two-year degree in accounting, finance or related field with one (1) year of experience -OR-
- Three (3) plus years of accounting or related experience.
- Experience in insurance, preferably workers’ compensation or property/casualty, is a plus.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy, detail, and confidentiality when preparing and entering financial information.
- Ability to follow directions, understand, and adhere to team procedures and company best practices.
- Ability to utilize mathematics to analyze and reconcile accounts.
- Experience working with financial spreadsheets and word processing applications, preferably MS Word and Excel.
- Strong computer skills (e.g. MS Office Suite), preferably in Windows.
- Resourceful with organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong communication skills including the ability to listen and speak clearly and concisely to customers and coworkers whom have a wide range of technical comprehension.
- Passion for excellence in customer service, safety, and furthering one’s own knowledge.
- Demonstrated knowledge of insurance regulations, performance improvement, and regulatory requirements as it may relate to finance.
--Exciting & rewarding--
SFM was named a MN Top Workplace in 2015 and it’s not just because we offer a competitive salary and comprehensive insurance plans. We want our employees to feel proud, at home, and appreciated! Here are just SOME ways we show it:
- Alternative schedules -&- flexible hours for WORK-LIFE BALANCE
- Relaxed, professional environment - BE YOURSELF
- Traditional -&- Roth 401(k) retirement plans with employer MATCH
- Charitable giving with employer MATCH
- PAID day to volunteer in the community
- SFM Foundation scholarship program
- Career mentor -&- development programs
- Company training -&- education reimbursement
- Wellness -&- safety programs
- FREE ON-SITE fitness center
- ON-SITE café -&- sick, new mother, -&- child care rooms
- FREE employee assistant plan (EAP)
- PAID holidays -&- leaves
- FREE short -&- long-term disability -&- life insurance
- College savings, adoption assistance, -&- savings bonds
- Pre-paid legal -&- identity theft protection
- Auto -&- homeowner’s insurance DISCOUNTS
- MERSC, Verizon, -&- gym membership DISCOUNTS
- Voluntary cancer, accident, -&- critical illness insurances
- FREE parking
- And MORE!
- Click to APPLY! -&- Find out why SFM employees have stuck around for 30+ years!
- Check Us Out @ www.sfmic.com/careers -or- https://www.youtube.com/user/SFMcompanies for more information.
If you feel any of your responses to the online profile or application will reveal your protected classification(s), do not provide that information. Do not provide high school dates of attendance or graduation. The online application and profile allow you to upload a resume/cover letter instead of manually entering all of your information.
If you need assistance during the application or interview process due to a disability, please contact Human Resources at (952) 838-2083 so accommodations may be discussed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SFM Mutual Insurance Company and each of its parent companies, subsidiaries and/or affiliated companies are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital, familial, or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected classification.
SFM Companies, EEO/AA Employers.