Be A Part of Something BIG!
NFIB is looking for a Grassroots Manager to be responsible for the development and maintenance of a strong network of activist NFIB members in assigned states of Minnesota, Colorado, Montana, and Wyoming. This opportunity will be based in St. Paul, MN. Recruits, trains, organizes and coordinates the activities of NFIB members to support and grow member activism. Works with all NFIB departments to implement national programs and initiatives.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, developing strategic grassroots campaigns, implementing and overseeing strategies for activism, and building and maintaining a strong key contact program, especially in targeted state and federal legislative districts.
Collaborate and work closely with colleagues and the Grassroots team to significantly impact and strengthen NFIB’s advocacy efforts, member involvement, retention, and maintenance of activists’ data.
Draft, coordinate and execute advocacy campaigns across assigned states. Solicit, collect and utilize member testimonials. Develop communication trainings and recognition programs to motivate and regularly inform members and activists.
Also responsible for working with the State Director to organize and provide support to the state Leadership Councils; plan and execute events and meetings held on a state and regional basis; provide support to the Senior Media Manager by referring activist members for media contact and planning media events; assist with fundraising and political activities and the implementation of NFIB issue campaigns; and work with Member Services to develop and promote member value added products and services in the state or region.
Keep abreast of best practices and trends in grassroots advocacy. Performs other projects as needed.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Political Science or related field; or equivalent.
2. Five (5) years relevant work experience as an event planner, fundraiser, grassroots coordinator, marketer or similar position. Basic knowledge of the legislative processes.
3. Knowledge of grassroots advocacy efforts and trends.
4. Proficient in Microsoft Office and membership database software.
5. Ability to represent NFIB at meetings and events. Able to travel approximately 50 nights per year.
6. Ability to meet deadlines, negotiate conflicts, take initiative, assume project responsibility and prioritize work under pressure. Must possess flexibility and stress tolerance.
7. Professional, energetic self-starter. Must possess excellent organizational, interpersonal, and written and verbal communication skills; including public presentation skills.
Interested candidates please submit a resume to www.nfib.com/careers