Doherty Career Solutions has partnered with one of North America's most respected engineering organizations that is looking to add a Mechanical Engineer to their engineering team. This company offers a full range of services including early contractor involvement, feasibility studies, estimating, design, procurement, construction, and equipment installation and construction management. Their experience ranges from existing facility expansion and renovation to new facilities, maintenance and shutdowns.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares Equipment Specifications, inquiry and purchase requisitions
- Evaluates vendor's bids and drawings to assure compliance with specifications
- Participates in reviews of PFDs and P&IDs
- Participates in preparation of equipment lists, piping line lists and specialty items lists
- Participates in preparation of design guides, specifications and contract proposals
- Provides input to estimates, proposals, scheduling, manpower planning, etc.
- Meetings with clients' technical staff to discuss technical information
- Prepares sketches and performs calculations for detailed areas of project
- Conducts field trips to existing plants to gather operating data and equipment information
- Proficiency and ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional / technical procedures. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of clients, managers, designers, and engineers
- Effectively analyze, calculate, research, select, and layout the necessary design and construction documentation.
- Direct and mentor drafters, designers and other engineers, participating in employment development and coaching efforts.
- Verify manufacturer's drawings, data sheets, and diagram drawings to determine interface requirements with equipment.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or equivalent engineering program from an ABET accredited four-year university
- Functional in utilizing spreadsheets, databases, word processing, and computer operations
- At least 4-7 years' experience performing engineering-related duties
- Licensed Professional Engineer
To apply for the Mechanical Engineer role, please click Apply Now and complete our mobile-friendly online application. For questions or if you need further information about the Mechanical Engineer position, please call our Doherty Career Solutions office at 952-832-8390 or email email@example.com #EngineeringCareers
Download our mobile app for iOS & Android | www.doherty.jobs/app