Quality Assurance Tech
Doherty Career Solutions is partnering with the leader in the designing and manufacturing of quality refrigeration products that is looking to add a Quality Assurance Specialist to their team. This positions will be located in beautiful Hudson WI along the St. Croix River Valley, just minutes from the Twin Cities. Our partner company has earned one of the most respected names in the refrigeration industry.
Main Role of the Quality Assurance Specialist
Assist Lead Auditor with audit packages, creating corrective actions and distribution for closing audits as weel as record retention requirements.
· Responsible for keeping all gauges and test machines used for monitoring product quality calibrated and ensuring they are properly maintained. This includes using test standards and masters to check or verify readings and adjusting applicable tools as necessary.
· Sets up external calibration visits and sending equipment out when an external vendor is required. Verifies compliance of all equipment upon receipt.
· Maintains records per Nor-Lake procedure requirements. Maintain the web based calibration site for internal calibrations completed as well as uploading information from Manufacturers calibration or engineering completed calibration.
General/ Inspections/Corrective/Preventative Actions/Procedures
· Development and revision of SOPs, Work Instructions, Procedures, Forms and Visual Aids as necessary.
· Routing documents for change control through Docusign.
· Perform 1st Article inspections on applicable equipment and parts.
· Works with purchasing to order departmental equipment, supplies, tooling, etc.
· Creates and distributes weekly CAR Reports for management.
· Maintains the Weekly/monthly anchor sheet program for vendor issues found on the line by production.
· Participate in improvement efforts as needed.
· Provide technical expertise to establishing and understanding quality criteria for production to ensure that both internal and external customer satisfaction is maintained.
· Maintain unbiased assistance with all Nor Lake departments on root cause analysis and the use of QC tools for continuous improvement activities.
· Maintain quality records and create a monthly report for management review.
· Formatting and understanding Microsoft Word and Excel to be able to help others with document change control.
· Maintains Quality department postings on bulletin boards as needed. Distributes reports to various people and departments as needed.
Continual Improvement Activities
· Assist in collecting data or measuring parts as requested for use of analysis.
· Represent Quality department in RCCM/Improvement teams
· Provides training on quality practices/requirements as necessary
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Skill in verbal communications including ability to effectively deliver presentations and training.
· Skill in written communications, specifically in technical writing.
· Skill in quality auditing.
· Strong analytical skills.
· Skills in using computers, especially Microsoft Office software.
· Ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities.
· Positive attitude and self-motivation.
· Technical writing experience
· Experience in delivering training and presentations
· Experience in the use and application of quality control tools, Pareto, root cause analysis, line charts, check sheets etc.
To apply for the Quality Assurance role, please click Apply Now and complete our mobile-friendly online application. For questions or if you need further information about the Electrical Designer position, please call our Doherty Career Solutions office at 952-832-8390 or email email@example.com #EngineeringCareers