Doherty Staffing Solutions is currently partnering with a leading supplier in the food industry located in Park Rapids, MN. We are seeking a Trim Mentor for these long-term and rewarding employment opportunities! There are a variety of shifts available and compensation is dependent upon the shift worked.
Our client started in 1950 on a small farm in the northwest region of the U.S., and has grown to be one of the world's largest frozen potato companies, happily delivering the delicious goodness of fries to more than 100 countries. While their growth has been remarkable, they have never forgotten where they came from.
Trim Mentor Main Duties/Responsibilities:
· Provide training and instruction in the proper procedures for trimming and inspecting potatoes
· Pass on any applicable information that you receive from the crew chiefs and pass it on the other employees on the trim table or inspection table
· Organize and schedule trim and inspection breaks
· Periodically check defect levels in the lab
· Perform evaluations, assessments and or testing during the training period and after the training period has expired
· Remove nonstandard product and foreign material from processing equipment as assigned
· Trim defects from raw potatoes as assigned
· Inspect raw and or processed product to ensure it has minimum defective pieces
Trim Mentor Key Requirements/Qualifications:
· Add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure using whole numbers
· Communicate effectively with supervisors and peers
· Lift and carry 50 pounds frequently
· Push/pull forces up to 100 pounds occasionally
· Climbing stairs and or ladders either to perform job duties or to access work areas a distance of up to 60 feet occasionally
· Reaching overhead, bending, stoop, kneel and reaching a distance of arm's length
· Sitting occasionally and standing frequently
To apply for the Trim Mentor position, please click Apply Now and complete our online application. For questions or further information about the Trim Mentor position, please call our Park Rapids office directly at 218-732-2156 or email DSS_ParkRapids@doherty.jobs.
Download our mobile app for iOS & Android | www.doherty.jobs/app