Sr Professional Procurement Ops | MHFE
Responsible for managing the logistics for material and equipment needs supporting new and existing Target stores and DCs. Facilitates ordering, maintaining and optimizing inventory levels, fill-rates, and distribution for materials and equipment. Possesses deep knowledge of assigned categories and partner/client business needs. Act as a liaison with internal partners and external vendors to solve problems, answer store questions and make recommendations to ensure the stores receive the right items at the right location at the right time. Logistics will analyze data in order to highlight trends and provide suggestions for future process enhancements. Communicates and enforces change control expectations and systems. Comprehends project management approaches and implements them in projects. Develops plans for continuous improvement with internal partner and supplier input. Supports contract extensions and amendments with existing business relationships. Purchases/negotiates spot buys. Has the ability to lead cross-functional project teams.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads Project-level cross-functional teams to ensure Indirect Supply and Service needs are identified, planned and delivered in a timely, cost effective and high-quality manner
- Leads forecasting processes to accurately capture demand
- Partners with key internal partners to track performance trends, identifies opportunities for continuous improvement, and develops plans to improve systemic performance.
- Works closely with suppliers on advanced operational support.
- Skilled communicator with cross-functional teams, vendors, and Enterprise Leadership.
- Leads work with limited direction.
- 4-year college degree and /or equivalent experience
- 2-6 years of relevant work experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Organized with ability to prioritize and execute
- Advanced public speaking and presenting skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- MBA or Advanced Degree in related field