The Safety/Environmental Administrator is responsible for the ongoing development, implementation, integrity, and effectiveness of safety, health, environmental, and claims management functions. This position will work closely with management and employees to provide a safe working environment and to develop a culture committed to injury-free performance. Must be a strong hands-on leader and motivator capable of dealing with all levels of management, employees, and site personnel. Primary job duties include:
- Lead company and divisional targeted incident reduction strategies
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements
- Effectively manage all worker’s compensation claims
- Develop, implement and manage safety orientation programs and ongoing safety training
- Maintain records and programs essential to completing and meeting the requirements of EPCRA/WI DNR Tier 2, Annual Hazardous Waste Generation, Toxic Release Inventory, and Dangerous Goods
- Develop, implement and continuously update written safety plans
- Assist in organizational training and development efforts
- BS degree in Occupational Safety & Health or equivalent technical major
- 3-5 years of related experience and/or training
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred
- Position requires periodic travel
We offer a competitive wage based on experience and performance as well as a generous incentive plan. We also offer a comprehensive benefits plan, which includes Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long Term Disability, 401K, and profit sharing.
To apply for the position, please go to www.gfscareers.us
Careers at Global Finishing Solutions
Recognized worldwide, Global Finishing Solutions (GFS) is the leading manufacturer of paint booths and finishing systems for a wide variety of industries — including automotive collision repair, aviation, industrial manufacturing, marine, military and defense, rail and transit, trucking and wood finishing. Our strength is in custom building finishing equipment to meet the unique needs of each customer. From sales and engineering to marketing and manufacturing, this variety of work makes our jobs exciting.
We believe that every employee ‘makes their mark’ on a company. A rapidly growing business, we are continuously seeking candidates to fill both new and vacant positions. Join us and see how you can make your mark.