Study Away Coordinator
ACADEMIC STAFF VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Study Away Coordinator
UW-Superior is committed to making excellence inclusive in every aspect of the institution. Diversity, inclusion and equity are prioritized learning resources for all community members. We strive to offer quality programs in an environment of trust and cooperation that centers on the worth of all individuals. The University is seeking candidates who will contribute to the achievement of this goal.
POSITION: Associate Student Services Coordinator, Office of International Programs
DUTIES: Within the Office of International Programs, the Study Away Coordinator is responsible for overseeing all office activities related to study abroad and the National Student Exchange (NSE) at the University of Wisconsin-Superior with the aim of maximizing the number and diversity of students participating in study away programs. The Coordinator develops, promotes and coordinates study away programs, and manages emergencies and health issues for study away students. The Coordinator also provides international student-related services as needed, including having primary responsibility for international student insurance policies, billing and advising.
To view full position description, please go to www.uwsuper.edu/hr/employment.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Two year of relevant experience in the field of international education
- Study abroad or international living experience
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution
- At least one year of experience working in the field of study abroad
- At least one year of experience working in a higher education setting
- Work experience with integrated student information systems, such as PeopleSoft, Terra Dotta or Hobsons
- Proficiency in a foreign language
The successful candidate will be dynamic, energetic, creative, and engaging. The successful candidate will demonstrate commitment to the public liberal arts mission and to quality teaching and learning methods. The successful candidate must be committed to the highest ethical standards and demonstrate effective leadership and teamwork skills.
SALARY: UW-S offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including health insurance coverage for domestic partners and their eligible dependents.
STARTING DATE: As soon as possible
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: For additional information visit www.uwsuper.edu or contact email@example.com.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Review of all complete applications will commence 7:45 April 25, 2017, and will continue until the position is filled.
Please apply online at UW-Careers (http://www.uwsuper.edu/hr/employment/career-gateway.cfm) and submit your application packet that is:
- Cover Letter
- Names and contact information for three (3) professional references
- Unofficial copies of undergraduate and graduate degrees
Internal applicants: select the internal applicant link. Registration for account not required.
External applicants: select the external applicant link and register for an account:
How to Register for a UW-Careers Account:
- To register for a UW-Careers account, click on the click here to Register link to create your user name and password.
- Search for the #17-36 Associate Study Away Coordinator (Office of International Programs) position and click on the Apply Now button to submit a resume. At this time, you will be asked to complete your profile. Please select Save to continue the application process.
- To submit your letter of application, unofficial transcripts, etc., you must add the document as an attachment by clicking on the Add Attachment link below the Cover Letters and Attachments box.
- Clicking on the Next link, please complete the required Online Questionnaire.
- After the Online Questionnaire has been completed, click Next again to provide contact information for three professional references, if required, in the References section by selecting the Add Reference link.
- Once reference information has been listed, click on Next to complete the How did you find out about the position? section of the application process.
- Once you have completed all sections, click on the Save button and then Submit button to submit your materials.
At any time you may select the Save button to save your progress. When you have submitted your application, ability to change materials submitted will not be available.
If you have questions in regards to the hiring process, please contact Ms. Kathy Laakso, search support, at (715) 394-8138 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or Mr. Mark MacLean, search chair, at email@example.com.
UW-Superior: A Special Place:
The University of Wisconsin-Superior is Wisconsin’s leading public liberal arts college. Established in 1893 with a mission to train teachers, it later became a part of the University of Wisconsin-System, and in 1998 was designated as Wisconsin’s Leading Public Liberal Arts College by the University of Wisconsin System Board of regents. The University serves 2,900 traditional and non-traditional students and is dedicated to the integration of liberal and professional studies and serving a diverse student population. UW-Superior maintains the values of its founding as a teacher education college through emphasis on excellence in teaching as well as service to the community and region. The core mission is student-centered and values oriented, as the institution fosters intellectual growth and career preparation within a liberal arts tradition that emphasizes individual attention and embodies respect for diverse cultures and multiple voices. The richness of programs lend to a very personalized educational environment that integrates theory and practice, liberal and professional education, teaching, scholarship, and creativity. The University has launched a significant campus-wide Liberal Arts Initiative that includes a First Year Experience, Academic Service Learning, Global Awareness, Writing Across the Curriculum, and a Senior Year Experience. At UW-Superior, we promote the values of academic excellence, integrity, and community within a collegial environment. At the core of our values is the appreciation for, and examination of, diversity, inclusivity, and equity. UW-Superior offers day, evening, weekend, and distance learning classes.
The University will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identities of “final candidates” must be revealed upon request. According to the Attorney General, “final candidates” under Wisconsin law means the five candidates who are considered most qualified for the position. See Wis. Stat. Sec. 19.36(7)(a).
The University reserves the right to check additional references with notice given to the candidates at the appropriate time in the process.
Employment will require a criminal background check. A pending criminal charge or conviction will not necessarily disqualify an applicant. In compliance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act, the University does not discriminate on the basis of arrest or conviction record.
Employment is subject to federal laws that require verification of identity and legal right to work in the United States as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
For UW-Superior campus safety information and crime statistics/Annual Security Report, see www.uwsuper.edu/safety/clery or contact the Office of Campus Safety at (715) 394-8114 for a printed copy.
UW-Superior is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator