Sr Engineer - Non Surveillance Java/Package
JOIN US AS AN SR. ENGINEER - NON SURVEILLANCE (Java/Package)Target is one of the world's most recognized brands and one of America's leading retailers. The Target Technology Team is driving a transformation in retail, one that will move us from “brick-and-mortar and online” to “bricks-and-mortar and everywhere else.” The Corporate Systems - Law, Legal and Enterprise Risk team delivers solutions that support Enterprise Assets Protection, Surveillance/Non-Surveillance and eGRC products across the globe. About This OpportunityAs an engineer, you are a software developer with an entrepreneurial streak. You build great products and have strong problem solving skills. You love keeping abreast of the latest tech trends and use them to help you innovate. You have leadership qualities, good judgment, and clear communication skills.As a Sr. Engineer - Corporate Systems, you'll take the lead as you…
- Develop software and systems on test driven development and continuous integration practices.
- Unit test code and create automated test scripts
- Work with engineers in Minneapolis and Bangalore to ensure development meets business needs
- Follow industry standard Agile software design method for development and technical documentation
- Research related products and make necessary software recommendations
- Innovate constantly and maintain the technical edge
- 4+ years of software engineering in Java with Spring Framework, SQL/Oracle Server, HTML/CSS.
- 4+ years of software engineering experience in Core Development, Post Production Support operation, and/or Package Implementation.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong sense of ownership and the ability to work with a limited set of requirements
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Prior experience supporting and enhancing Java based Packages
- Extensive experience resolving functional and technical incidents with experience in Production Support (development software or support)
- Hands on experience in development, testing and troubleshooting Windows/Unix and web software application
- Experience working with co-located and off-shore teams
- Exposure to CI/CD deployment implementation using OpenSource technologies (i.e. GitHub)
- Extensive experience working in an Agile environment (i.e. user stories, iterative development, etc.)
- Experience working with TDD and software test automation