Visual Styling Business Partner
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
The retail landscape is changing - fast - and Target is evolving along with it. When we created our brand promise of “Expect More. Pay Less.” it paved the way for Target to infuse affordable fashion into our assortment and deliver an outstanding experience for our guests. We are pioneers of innovation with our owned brands and unique partnerships from Archer Farms and Merona, to Made to Matter and Altuzarra. Today, Target continues to be committed to bringing our guests what they want, when they want it, where they want to shop - in our over 1,800 stores, mobile, online and the retail channels of the future.As a Visual Stylist you will join our exciting new in-house Visual Styling team. We are looking for someone who comes from a fashion background and thrives on bringing fashion and product stories to life. Styling will come naturally to them. They will have an elevated taste level and will be a stickler for details. The Visual Stylist reports to the Director, Visual Styling.Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Visual Stylist on our Visual Merchandising team, you'll take the lead as you...
- Collaborate with Visual Styling Director, Visual Styling Manager, Visual Merchandising, Design and Merchants to understand the brand strategy
- Execute mannequin looks representative of the seasonal brand strategy and key looks.
- Conceptualize innovative and compelling ways to style seasonal product stories implementing relevant trends which inspire the Target guest
- Collect inspirational materials to develop seasonal mood boards
- Be on the pulse of what's next in styling. Stay aware of designers, forecasted trends and competitors
- Co-create style guides in tandem with the Visual Production team and manage seasonal/monthly updates.
- Author styling standards, keeping them continually refreshed and on trend each season and updating within the visual guide
- Communicate new techniques, substitutions and product projections to Visual Production partners for styling pages.
- Attend seasonal and monthly key meetings as needed, noting product positioning and ensure messaging is executed through key looks and mannequin moments
- Special projects as needed
- 4 year college degree in Visual Merchandising, Art, Design, or related field and/or equivalent work experience
- Solid 3+ years experience styling or trend forecasting for a fashion brand
- Cultural awareness, broad understanding of designers, seasonal trends and competitive landscape
- Ability to multi task in a fast paced environment
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Impeccable aesthetic and attention to detail a must
- Must be willing to work on your feet and capable of lifting (boxes, mannequins or other) as heavy as 50 lbs