Accounts Payable Specialist (Contract)
Accounts Payable Specialist (Temporary)- Edina, MN
Doherty Career Solutions has teamed with a family owned company to hire an Accounts Payable Specialist. The A/P Specialist will be responsible for processing payments, performing reconciliations, and assisting with month-end.
*3-4 month Contract
- Review invoices for accuracy, appropriate documentation, and approval prior to payment.
- Investigate and resolve issues or discrepancies, to include contacting whoever is responsible for approving the invoice.
- Process checks for distribution to vendors.
- Prepare batch check runs and print checks.
- Enter vendor invoices for assigned locations.
- Correct coding of invoices for entry for financial purposes.
- Assist with printing and reviewing the freight matching report for accuracy.
- Assist with end of month processes by providing support and documentation.
- Provide documentation for monthly/quarterly sales and use tax.
- Research and resolve internal and external inquiries concerning vendor account status, including communicating the resolution to the appropriate managers.
- Match invoices to checks, obtain all signatures for checks and distribute checks accordingly.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Post transactions to the general ledger after processing check runs.
- Provide supporting documentation for audits.
- Provide backup support to the Receptionist.
- Respond to all vendor inquires.
- Perform other duties and assist with other company department projects, as requested.
- A.A. Degree
- 2+ years of Accounts Payable experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)