Doherty Career Solutions has teamed with a leading tanker trailer manufacturer in their search for a Senior Buyer in the rural Holdingford, MN area. This is a Direct Hire position with initial screening by Doherty. Our client offers a competitive salary based on qualifications & experience as well as a comprehensive benefits package.
The Senior Buyer will coordinate and expedite the flow of work and materials within or between departments of a manufacturing facility according to production schedule. Duties include reviewing and distributing production, work and shipment schedules; conferring with department supervisors to determine progress of work and completion dates; and compiling reports on progress of work, inventory levels, costs and production problems. Handle all tactical procurement and inventory control transactions at the specific plant level and maintain optimal price and delivery cycle while maintaining the lowest possible inventory levels.
SENIOR BUYER RESPONSIBILITIES
· Procurement Order/Releasing using MRP and other release systems
· Support Materials Manager in the development, implementation and management of pull systems
· Planning, projecting and forecasting budget needs
· Responsible for inventory movement and accuracy and tracking deliveries as necessary
· Maintain optimum inventory levels and drive inventory reduction through JIT system
· Work with Materials Manager to set stocking levels for all items
· Create and maintain metrics for inventory levels, conduct cycle counts and investigate variances
· Interact with Corporate Purchasing and act as a liaison between Purchasing, Manufacturing and Engineering
SENIOR BUYER REQUIREMENTS
· Associate or Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field
· 5 years' experience in Purchasing/Materials Management
· Understanding of customer/supplier relationship and materials support function
· Working knowledge of Purchase Orders and blanket release process functions
· Basic understanding of Purchasing procedures
· Working knowledge of Inventory Control
· Strong problem solving and analytical skills
· Proficient in MRP and MS Office
· Understanding of Lean Manufacturing, JIT and Pull vs Push systems
Qualified candidates should submit their resume to email@example.com or call 218-470-0274 for more information.