LINDQUIST & VENNUM, a large downtown Minneapolis law firm, has an opening for a full-time Accounts Payable Position.
- Receive invoices and verify goods and services are billed appropriately.
- Prepare invoices for vouchering (data entry) and enter invoices for payment; assign vendor numbers, determine payment date, code vouchers and accrue use tax if necessary, and verify appropriate approval has been documented.
- Process data uploads for a variety of vendors, including credit cards, government entities, and prepaid accounts.
- Print checks, obtain signatures, and mail checks to vendors or return to the requestor.
- Review personal reimbursements in workflow, forward for necessary approval, and upload into accounting system.
- Create and maintain vendor data in accounting system.
- Maintain 1099 vendor information for year end filing; generate and mail 1099s to vendors.
- Resolve outstanding check issues.
- Assist vendors and internal customers with A/P requests via telephone and email; research issues as necessary.
- Process rush check requests.
- Test and provide feedback on new systems and processes prior to implementation.
- Assist with accounting department projects as needed.
Other Job Responsibilities: Other duties as assigned in relation to the Accounts Payable Specialist position.
- At least two years of post-secondary education including coursework in accounting or finance required.
- At least one year of previous experience in a professional environment helpful.
- Attention to detail required, along with exceptional proofreading skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints. Must be flexible and able to handle stress in a constantly changing work environment.
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills with firm personnel at all levels.Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing in a positive and professional manner.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, and Excel).Experience with Aderant and Access reporting helpful.
- Demonstrate reliability through adherence to work schedule and attendance.
- Must be able to speak English proficiently and follow directions.
- Must be able to work with confidential issues in a professional manner.
- Exhibit a positive demeanor.
- Normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, temperature and the like.
- Limited heavy lifting over 10 pounds.
- May require overtime on occasion.
Lindquist & Vennum offers a professional work environment and a competitive salary and benefits package. Please submit cover letter, resume, and salary history by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. An EEO/AA Employer. No agency emails or phone calls please.