Engineering Process Manager
To provide leadership to a team of process engineers responsible for designing and executing the development and validation of new manufacturing processes, investigating manufacturing issues and improving existing processes.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for evaluating existing processes and configuring manufacturing systems to improve safety, reduce cost, improve sustainability and develop best practices with the production process.
- Develops effective teamwork and utilizes innovation to achieve department goals.
- Utilization of existing production data generation to define opportunities for improvement.
- Provides general leadership and development of others.
- Working with control systems including PCL (Siemens & Allen Bradley), dedicated controllers, operator interface systems and electronic communication protocols (deviceNet, ProfiBus, & Serial RS-232 Standards).
- Perform root-cause analysis as well as implement sustainable countermeasures on losses related to electrical failures.
- Provide key leadership to CertainTeed’s world class manufacturing (WCM) initiatives.
- Provide technical assistance to the production and maintenance departments.
- Conduct behavior based audits and 5S audits as well as support plants EHS goals.
- Participate in Incident & Near Miss Investigations to determine root cause and corrective actions.
- May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed
Qualifications & Skills:
- Minimum of 4 year degree (Electrical Engineering Discipline Preferred)
- 3 plus years of experience in a Management role
- Six Sigma/Lean Manufacturing experience
- Proficient in use of MS Office
- Thorough knowledge of state and federal laws (OSHA)
- General understanding of ISO methodology (ISO 9001, 14001, & OHSAS 18001)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Auto-Cad
- Familiarity with 5S & Continuous Improvement Methodology