Director of National Ad Sales
JOIN US AS A DIRECTOR, NATIONAL AD SALESThe Director of National Ad Sales is responsible for building and leading a professional National Ad Sales team and for driving significant revenue growth. This role will develop strategies to expand Target Media Network's presence in the national marketplace and support the Target vision of the guest first. This person will lead the development of sales position for existing and new products based on the competitive landscape and will be key to driving revenue ongoing. He/She will also act as the representative for the national sales team to surface innovative ideas that will allow for differentiation and influence the direction of the media roadmap. Growing national contacts is critical and this person will assist the sales team by leveraging internal and external contacts to develop relationships with high level agency contacts and brand executives. Strong communication and understanding of the complex relationships between agencies, brands and retailers is critical in order to leverage connection points. Proven experience with evolving media challenges and using data to create relevant insights to influence clients are mandatory. A passion for this quickly evolving business and a drive to deliver profitable financial results is imperative. Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a National Ad Sales Director, you'll take the lead as you focus on…
- Strategic Planning -Determines and develops annual sales plans to achieve revenue goals. Stays current on business, market and industry trends. Seeks, evaluates and drives new business opportunities. Measures and communicates sales pipeline progress. Responsible for creating opportunities to drive incremental sales. Strives to deliver relevant advertising solutions that exceed client expectations and compliments the Target brand.
- Agency / Brand Relationships - Builds strategic relationships with Agency and National Brand partners to ensure financial growth. Assists in presenting strategic partner opportunities at corporate, brand and agency executive levels to drive new business opportunities. Closely partner with internal teams to align sales and agency objectives with Target priorities.
- Financial Results - Responsible for developing and delivering the sales and financial goals along with the monthly and annual forecast for national sales. Prepares and reviews with SGM of Sales.
- Team Leadership - Develops a world class team providing development, coaching, motivation, support and feedback to team members. Represents the Target First philosophy and creates an atmosphere of team work and collaboration. Establishes strong cross functional and cross channel partnerships.
- Digital Analytics - Ability to understand and use multi-channel guest data and behavior, audience segmentation to create and present solutions that drive results for advertisers across multiple digital platforms.
- Communication - Provides insight and analytics to support digital strategies and keeps internal Leadership and key partners / clients consistently informed.
- Educate others - Develop and implement a strategy for external education by leveraging industry events. Partner with the GM of Sales Marketing to develop external facing TMN sales materials such as media kits, case studies, event collateral, etc.
- 4 year college degree and/or equivalent experiences.
- 10+ years digital marketing, media sales and analytics (retail experience preferred)
- Excellent understanding of the constant evolving digital media landscape and a proved track record of driving advertising sales.
- Proven results in end to end sales skills - prospecting, presenting, pipeline management, closing, and negotiation.
- Agility to work in a fast paced, high growth environment. Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work through ambiguity.
- Proven ability to develop processes to streamline business and gain efficiencies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills - ability to “tell the digital media story”.
- Significant travel required.