Business Services Manager
Job Class: State Program Admin Manager Principal
Closing Date: 04/25/2017
Salary Range: $38.25 - $54.87/hourly; $79,866 - $114,569/annually
The position reports directly to the Deputy Secretary of State – Operations/Chief of Staff and serves as the manager for the Business Services Division, the operational area of the agency. Business Services include the following units: Business, UCC and Notary Services, Fiscal Services, Information Technology Infrastructure, and MN Business and Lien System (MBLS) Development. These units interact on a daily basis with the general public and are heavily driven by customer service principals. Business Services are housed in a separate location from the Chief of Staff; therefore, the incumbent is expected to work independently and create and maintain a positive work culture.
The Business Services Manager serves on the management team to make policy and set goals. The incumbent will manage the operations of Business Services through the subordinate supervisors, will oversee the development and management of budgets and fiscal notes for the entire agency, and will have a high level of oversight for the agency's fiscal operations to ensure compliance with state and federal funding laws serving as the main contact for all legislative and federal audits. The incumbent will represent the agency at the International Association of Commercial Administrators (IACA) annual conference.
- Five (5) years of professional/supervisory/managerial-level experience in a small to medium-size (100-400 employees) organization in the areas of business, IT, or financial services. A minimum of two (2) years of that experience must be at the supervisory or managerial level. Advanced degree in Business, Finance, Organizational Development or related field may substitute for two (2) years of professional level experience. A Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Organization Development or related field may substitute for one (1) year of professional level experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
In addition to the above, applicants must have:
- Thorough knowledge of organizational development.
- Strong understanding of state government systems, legislative processes, intergovernmental and interdepartmental relationships, and related policies, statues, and laws.
- Superior oral and written communication, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Ability to speak professionally and publicly and to make credible presentations.
- Experience in budget development.
- Critical thinking skills sufficient to evaluate and effectively deal with a wide variety of issues.
- Ability to supervise and effectively utilize professional staff.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong human relations skills to build positive work culture.
- Strong knowledge of/experience in the Information Technology field in order to successfully supervise IT units within Business Services.
- Managerial experience in public sector.
- Knowledge of legislative mandates in order to provide effective support to the Secretary of State, managers and supervisors.
Why Work For Us
The work we do in the Secretary of State's office affects Minnesotans in all 87 counties, whether that's ensuring our election system is fair, open, impartial, and secure; making it as easy as possible for Minnesotans to set up and run their businesses; or helping protect victims of domestic violence and others who fear for their safety. The Business Services Manager will lead the largest division in our office and as such, plays a key role in our mission to serve all Minnesotans.
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
How to Apply
To view the complete vacancy announcement with application details, visit http://www.mn.gov/careers Job ID 12672.
If you are unable to apply online, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637.
If you have questions about the position, contact Nella Austin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651.201.8005.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Apply Here: https://mn.gov/mmb/careers/