Field Service Technician
Field Service Technician
The Field Service Technician role in the packaging service department will include: sales/applications support, applications and service related procedure development, training customers or distributors on the packaging equipment, technical phone support, field service, equipment install and repairs on all packaging equipment.
- Establish and maintain a good business relationship with present and potential customers. Represent the department and the company in a professional, businesslike manner.
- Provide applications support for equipment sales proposals.
- Provide technical phone support to customers including extended hours of support.
- Conduct field service and installation work.
- Perform in-house repairs along with associated transactions and documentation.
- Provide training to direct customers and distributors.
- Monitor and report field issues. Develop and communicate recommendations for changes in products, procedures and policies to reduce field issues, control costs and improve customer satisfaction. Coordinate and communicate with Engineering, Assembly, Accounting, Customer Service, Sales and other departments as needed.
- Develop service-related training materials for distributor and customer sales staff and service personnel. Assist with and conduct training.
- Ensure the accurate and timely reporting of installation and repair expenses. Coordinate with Sales and Accounting departments to ensure accurate customer billing.
- Associates degree in a technical specialty or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5-7 years experience in servicing electro-mechanical equipment or equivalent.
- Intermediate/advanced understanding of electrical schematics and PLC’s.
- Strong electro-mechanical aptitude and related troubleshooting skills. Able to interpret and evaluate information and create analytical approaches to achieve results.
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and manage time effectively.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong personal standards of excellence, ethics and integrity; ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Must have a valid Class D driver’s license.
- Ability to travel 50-60% of the time.
- Associates degree in technical specialty.
- Previous experience servicing packaging machinery.
- Previous training experience.
WE HELP COMPANIES DELIVER PRODUCTS TO THE WORLD
Engage Technologies Corporation is the parent company of Squid Ink, Eastey and AFM. Squid Ink is a manufacturer of coding and marking systems and fluids for product identification and traceability. Eastey is a leading manufacturer of heavy-duty shrink packaging equipment and automated case sealing systems for packaging applications. American Film & Machinery is a leading manufacturer and supplier of heavy-duty shrink sleeve labeling equipment, shrink tunnels, and shrink sleeve consumables.
Engage Technologies Corp. offers a competitive compensation pkg., including medical and dental benefits and company matched 401 (k) / Profit sharing. Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org