Chemical Dependency Counselor - Part Time
Missions Inc. Programs is a multi-service non-profit organization with a long history of providing services to those who are most in need, each year offering thousands of men and women, whose lives have been severely disrupted by chronic addiction, homelessness, and domestic violence, safety, housing, support services, and the opportunity to make real change in their lives. Chemical dependency services are provided through four programs: Hart House (women only), Mission Lodge, and Smith Lodge provide transitional housing for men and women in recovery and Mission Detox Center provides medically supervised detoxification for adults and adolescents. Domestic violence services are provided through the Home Free Shelter for battered women and their children and the Home Free Community Program.
We fulfill our mission by providing housing and health care for individuals affected by chemical dependency, violence, chronic illness or disability and by advocating for societal changes that will benefit the people we serve. In all our efforts we affirm human worth and dignity, encourage self-determination, value diversity, and promote the basic rights of all individuals.
Missions Inc. Programs is seeking applicants for a part-time Chemical Dependency Counselor at its Mission Detox Center. Operating since 1978, Mission Detox Center is a 21-bed facility that provides professional, compassionate medically supervised detoxification for adults and adolescents, primarily serving persons from Hennepin and Anoka counties.
This position provides individual assessment, intervention and referral, making DSM-V diagnoses and document the above in formal discharge summaries; show evidence of consideration to age-specific differences when collecting information, evaluating needs, and making referrals; maintain a therapeutic relationship with clients; provide comprehensive written records on individual clients so that medical records, licensing, and program standards are maintained; admit and discharge clients, complete chart forms; observe behaviors, recognize and report potential medical or psychiatric emergencies; respond to client behavior in a safe and therapeutic manner, showing evidence of age-specific differences; provide crisis intervention; conduct Rule 25 assessments; develop individualized treatment plans; complete 15 hours of continuing education annually and maintain qualified rule 25 Assessor status; work well with people from diverse racial, cultural, social and economic backgrounds.
- Licensed Alcohol and Drug counselor (LADC);
- Competency in areas of: chemical abuse and dependency, chemical use assessments, case management, individual counseling, crisis intervention;
- Prior training/experience in assessing needs of adolescents and seniors - or - completion of program training within thirty days of employment;
- Ability to perform basic health assessment procedures, CPR, first aid, and client care functions, or upon employment completion of Mission Detox Center technician training;
- Evidence of two years free from chemical use problems;
- Able to meet the physical demands of the job which may include walking, bending, stooping, and kneeling multiple times per shift, other lifting or transferring of clients, ability to lift in excess of 50 pounds, ability to ascend and descend two flights of stairs,
- Ability to work well with people from diverse racial, cultural, social and economic backgrounds.
How To Apply:
Send your letter of interest and resume or application to Missions Inc. Programs, HR Department, 3409 E. Medicine Lake Boulevard, Plymouth, MN 55441 or fax to 763.559.1195, or email to HR@missionsinc.org.
We invite you to visit our website at www.missionsinc.org/employment to learn more about us and to fill out an application to include with your resume and cover letter.
Missions Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to hiring individuals without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, membership or activity in a local commission, disability, sexual orientation or age.
Apply for Chemical Dependency Counselor - Part Time
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly