State Prog Admin Sr (Data Management)
Location St. Paul
Closing Date: 05/01/2017
Division/Unit: Plant Protection
Salary Range: $21.98 - $32.24 /hourly; $45,894 - $67,317 /annually
Manage the data and records of the Plant Protection Division (PPD) including licensing information, compliance information, and other Division records.
Manage PPD's data practices.
Respond to data requests and ensure compliance with data privacy.
Perform business analysis for technical, system-driven information technology projects. Evaluate effectiveness of current practices and assist in re-engineering when appropriate.
Conduct on-site training sessions regarding use of PPD data management systems (remote & central locations).
- Three years of professional-level experience in data management and/or data practices.
NOTE: A Bachelor's Degree or higher in Business Administration, Public Administration, Data Management, Business Information Systems, Statistics, Computer Science, Computer Programming or a related degree may substitute for one year of professional experience.
- Working knowledge of the Minnesota Government Data Practices Act.
- Experience managing records in compliance with statutes that govern records management.
- Ability to effectively use Access, Visio, PowerPoint, Excel, Crystal and Word and to prepare and interpret complex reports using these tools.
- Excellent human relation skills and the ability to effectively communicate in writing and orally.
- Ability to compose relevant standard operating procedures, policy, guidelines, and compliance documents.
- Ability to synthesize knowledge of business, legal and policy guidelines regarding data practices, documents and records management.
- Ability to evaluate and solve problems and implement new procedures.
- A Bachelor's Degree or higher in Business Administration, Public Administration, Data Management, Business Information Systems, Statistics, Computer Science, Computer Programming or a related degree.
- Experience managing projects.
- At least one year of experience complying with the Minnesota Government Data Practices Act and handling protected and/or sensitive data.
- Experience with certification, inspection or regulatory software or systems.
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
How to Apply
Applicants must apply to the MN Careers website http://www.mn.gov/careers Job ID 10853. Applications not submitted through the Careers site will not be accepted.
If you are unable to apply online, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637.
If you have questions about the position, contact Geir Friisoe at Gier.Friisoe@state.mn.us or 651.201.6174.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER