Estate Claims Specialist
Estate Claims Specialist
DCM Services is the industry leader in estate account resolution services, maximizing the value of estate portfolios across financial services, healthcare, retail, and telecom industries through innovation, brand protection, and performance. Using a consultative approach, we offer a full range of services from proprietary web-based solutions to full outsourcing, maintaining an unmatched spectrum of innovative solutions. Our employees are tenured, and enjoy the support of a strong call center team. If you are looking for a career with upward mobility opportunities and are ready for a more structured career that supports a positive work/life balance, you’ve come to the right place!
DCM Services offers a unique culture that focuses on estate collections, the highest ethical standards, and a supportive and goal-oriented environment.
As a successful Estate Claims Specialist, you will play a key role within the Probate Finder Claims Team to process and file probate claims in Decendents' estates across the country.
Your responsibilities as an Estate Claims Specialist include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to communicate effectively in either written or oral form; maintains attention and actively listen to others ideas and thoughts
- Effectively demonstrates attentive listening through body language, taking notes, etc. Uses active listening to clarify questions or concerns
- Gathers and analyzes information and data; making logical decisions based on available facts and impact with short and long-term priorities
- Demonstrates willingness and excited to face new challenges; presenting ideas that demonstrate ability to adapt to change
- Accurately file/present claims by performing the following processing tasks as needed:
o Ensure the proper signatory process (claims signing) as an authorized representative/agent is executed accurately
o Notarize claims as a Company-approved and state commissioned Notary Public
o Copy claims for specific court requirements and record retention purposes
o Facilitate the mailing process of the claims by either standard U.S. delivery or by Certified Mail to ensure the proper receipt of claim by all parties (Court, Attorney and/or Personal Representative)
- Participate in performing quality control validations of estate data to meet internal and client requirements to ensure proof of claim packages are accurate and complete
- Complete thorough estate match reviews to ensure accurate matches of client information vs. probated estate info in a secondary role/back-up capacity to Sr. Estate Claims Specialist
- Process any returned claims accurately and efficiently to
support our business and client needs as necessary in a
secondary role/back-up capacity to Sr. Estate Claims
- Process and respond to ad hoc client requests by
communicating directly with Operations Managers, Client
Liaisons or Account Representatives
- Process filing fee checks to be accompanied with claims as
- Research missing estate data to ensure proprietary
database remains current
- Assist with ongoing and ad hoc post claim documents
(Satisfaction and Release of Claim, Claim Withdrawal) to
assist with business operations for DCMS and Forte
- Understand and adhere to Company information security
and privacy responsibilities as detailed in the Information
Resource Usage Policy, Employee Manual, and clientspecific
- Other duties as assigned
Additional requirements include:
- Beginning to mid-level computer profiecieny
- Entry-level working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Has demonstrated the ability to successfully manage a dual-contributor role that requires shifting between an independent contributor environement and active participation in a team-orientated role.
- Ability to problem-solve Estate Claim issues when notified of opportunities via work queues, email
and direct contact with management
- Displays strong attention to detail – thorough, organized and performs quality work and
maintains a high standard for accuracy
- Ability to effectively communicate both written and verbal on a consistent basis
- High School Diploma or GED
The physical demands for this position are sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
Along with supportive and positive work environment, DCM Services also provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package matched with generous employer contributions.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Short and long-term disability
- 401(k) with match
- Paid time off
- Family-friendly, flexible work schedules
- Internal advancement opportunities
- Casual dress code
- Monthly - Lunch and Breakfast
- Weekly - bagels/pastry, fresh fruit and popcorn.
- Great location in the Best Buy Corporate Headquarters complex
- Three metro transit stations and quick access to 35W, Hwy 100 & 494
- On-site cafeteria and two Caribou Coffee
- Game room, fitness center, and US Bank
DCM Services is proud to be named a 2016 Top 150 Workplace in Minnesota by the Minneapolis Star Tribune!
Your next great career move could be a click away. Apply now!
"An Equal Opportunity Employer"
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Work-Life Balance: Inspired to perform well by having ample time to pursue work and interests outside of work
Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
Job Security: Inspired to perform well by the knowledge that your job is safe
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
High School or better.
1-3 years: Quality Control
1-3 years: Previous Experience with Courts and Attorneys
1-3 years: Previous Claims Experience
1-3 years: Data Entry Experience