This position is responsible for managing new projects relating to our Solid
Fixture Division. The Project Manager communicates and coordinates the details
of the design concept through installation. The Project Manager will manage
the sales team's expectations and the production/manufacturing team's
timing and quality of the product being produced.Responsibilities
- Communicates with the sales team to develop, create timeline, coordinate, schedule and execute production of retail store fixture fabrication.
- Completes the project timeline (Gantt Chart) outlining the project milestones and expected due dates.
- Analyzes production specifications and plant capacity data and performs mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, tools, and human resource requirements.
- Works directly with purchasing to complete(s) the search for available materials and incorporates material lead times into final production schedule.
- Prepares proper internal/external paperwork, and distributes the paperwork appropriately.
- Plans sequence of fabrication, assembly, installation, and other manufacturing operations for guidance of production workers.
- Confers with department supervisors to determine status of assigned projects.
- Interacts with shop floor management and vendors to resolve issues.
- Expedites operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
- Prepares production reports tracking all active projects.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Bachelor's degree in Communication, Business, Supply Chain Management, Logistics or Engineering.
- 3-5 years of experience in Business Communication and/or Project/Account Management.
- Experience in material or production planning, supply chain planning, production control, inventory or warehouse management
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self, and affect short term and some long-term business goals
- Ability to understand / interpret, analyze, and troubleshoot information related to production scheduling
- Ability to prioritize work activities based on the needs of business
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and facilitation skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge of Mac computers and the use of computer programs including yet not limited to Word, Excel and Adobe PDF
- Demonstrated knowledge and practical application of MRP/ERP system(s)
- Ability to handle multiple tasks along with excellent time management skills and customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills to effectively interface with production, customer service, and management
- Ability to work independently with little supervision, manage