OBGYN & Infertility “OGI, focuses on providing comprehensive OB/GYN services throughout all phases of a woman’s life. We are hiring full time medical assistant to work at our at our Edina location.
Medical Assistant Responsibilities
- Verifies patient information by interviewing patient; recording medical history; confirming purpose of visit.
- Measure vital signs, including weight, blood pressure, pulse, temperature, and document all information in patient’s chart.
- Obtains blood specimens by performing phlebotomy and finger sticks.
- Performs in house testing including UA, Hemoglobin, 1 hour glucose, 3 hour glucose and ICT stool samples.
- Assist physician and physician assistant in exam rooms.
- Give instructions to patients as instructed by physician or nurse practitioner.
- Ensure all related reports, labs and information is filed is available in patients’ medical records prior to their appointment.
- Keep exam rooms stocked with adequate medical supplies, maintain instruments, prepare sterilization as required.
- Maintain all logs and required checks
- At least 1+ years’ experience of Medical Assistant experience preferred. New Medical Assistant graduate will be considered.
- Graduation from a Medical Assistant Program or MLT program.
- AAMA or AMT certified. If not currently certified, then willing to become certified.
- X-ray licensed or willing to obtain limited scope x-ray license to perform Bone Density scans.
- Team player
- Excellent patient care & communication skills
- Ability to maintain effective and organized systems to ensure timely patient flow.
- Strong computer skills needed
Please send resumes to Dawn Koch at email@example.com.