Medical Billing Representative
Humera is looking for a Medical Billing Representative for our client in the Roseville/ St. Paul area. This person will invoice customers for services rendered and apply all the money and credits to their accounts. This is a long-term contract opportunity.
- Provide reports to management.
- Perform daily, timely, and accurate postings of manual and electronic cash receipts, credit card payments, denials and adjustments to patient accounts.
- Reconcile variances and locate EOBS.
- Post contractual adjustments, and reconcile un-posted log and deposit logs.
- Perform specialized processing of accounts receivable issues requiring advanced training and technical skills.
- Areas of responsibility may include, but are not limited to:
- Credit/refund correspondence and research
- Audit and review support
- RCDM analysis
- Letters of credit and communications
- Additional certification in code processing and leadership responsibilities may be prerequisites depending on location and position expectations.
- Answer telephones
- Maintain logs and records
- Organizational skills
- Proficiency with numbers
- Research information
- Time management
- Train employees
- Use computerized databases
- Written and verbal communications
- Speech clarity
- Utilization of fingers and hands
- Standing-remaining on one's feet in an upright position
- Sitting-remaining in the normal seated position
- Handling-seizing, holding, grasping and possible casual to regular lifting of up to 50 pounds
- Able to pass standardized color vision test, as required by test performed
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent, but prefer an Associate's Degree w/3-5 years experience