Sales Director, Automotive and Real Estate Advertising
Star Tribune is looking for a Director of Advertising Sales to oversee our Automotive and Real Estate business groups. Reporting directly to the Vice President of Advertising, the ideal candidate will be an innovative and strategic sales leader with a proven track record of exceeding goals and growing revenue. In addition, we are searching for a candidate having media experience leading both print and digital sales efforts in a highly competitive environment.
Key core competencies include: creative problem solving skills, strong communication and leadership skills, ability to build strong relationships within senior levels of internal departments and external organizations and have the ability to create a culture of accountability and ownership.
- Manage and grow advertising revenue for Automotive and Real Estate account base
- Attract, hire and retain top level sales talent and manage performance effectively
- Develop strategic sales plan for Automotive and Real Estate team and keep it live throughout the year
- Prioritize and manage department time, budgets, resources and selling activity effectively
- Find, assess, recommend, and implement new initiatives and products that will grow Automotive and Real Estate revenue
- Appropriately manage the contacts and resources provided by the organization to assist in revenue growth
- Oversee development of relationships and account plans with key clients and prospects
- Provide revenue forecasts, sales activity reports and pipelines
- 5+ years sales management experience achieving and exceeding goals, ideally overseeing media teams selling robust suite of print and digital products
- Experience developing effective sales strategies and/or products for revenue growth
- Experience hiring, managing, retaining, highly effective sales professionals
- Experience building a results oriented and positive culture
- Strong business acumen around budgeting and forecasting work