A&P 145 Mechanic
A&P 145 Mechanic in Watertown, SD. THIS POSITION REQUIRES RELOCATION TO WATERTOWN, SOUTH DAKOTA
• Ensure updates are being provided to Dispatch and Flight Operations as to status of work being performed on aircraft.
• Ensure that coordination with the Maintenance Department and or approved Vendors on movement of staffing, parts and tools to offsite work locations (i.e. road trips) are being accomplished.
• Orders all parts for unscheduled and scheduled maintenance events through approved parts vendors and existing agreements. Develops resources for the department.
• Ensure Fleet Status updates are posted to the Rockwell Collins FOS Scheduling System.
• Support the Maintenance Department as a liaison to other internal departments as well as external entities.
• Complete daily delay and cancellations reports meeting the Company objectives and goals as it relates to dependability and dispatch rate.
• Coordinate with the approved aircraft parts vendors, suppliers and OEM’s on movement of parts to support AOG aircraft and MEL items.
• Updates CAMP Maintenance Tracking Operating Program when maintenance is completed.
• Build job packages in CAMP Maintenance Tracking Operating Program for maintenance assignment.
• Forecasts maintenance events for scheduling (parts and maintenance)
• Oversee the day-to-day maintenance operation to ensure safe maintenance operations and Compliance with all Company, FAA, and governmental safety rules and regulations.
• Provides leadership and direction for the maintenance operation to ensure that high standards of performance are maintained in the areas of safety, compliance, quality, and cost.
• Provides technical assistance and support to company flight crews experiencing mechanical irregularities on Company aircraft.
• Provides a current and continuing follow-up system of items deferred under the MEL/CDL/NEF program to assure that positive correction is made as promptly as possible by coordinating the efforts of Maintenance, Aircraft Routing, Line Planning, Materials, Engineering, Tech Services, and Quality Control for accomplishment of repairs.
• Immediately notifies the responsible manager, or during off-hours (evening, weekends and holidays) the Director of Maintenance or Chief Inspector, upon discovery of a regulatory non-compliance.
• Notifies the Director of Maintenance or designee of MEL extensions by submission of the appropriate forms according to the Company General Maintenance Manual.
• Provides the Director of Maintenance or other designated Management personnel with a periodic operational performance and out of service update.
• Provides the necessary coordination between Maintenance and Flight Operations for all Operational Check Flights.
• Provides accurate Estimated Time of Return (ETR) and Advise times for all scheduled and unscheduled out of service aircraft through close coordination with Maintenance personnel and Dispatch.
• Coordinates with the appropriate designated engineering representatives from the OEM’s on items that require engineering or technical support for line maintenance aircraft.
• Coordinates with and advises the Chief Inspector regarding any abnormal discrepancies encountered, and for all RII and inspection tasks required on line maintenance aircraft that occur at cities where Company maintenance personnel are not present.
• Notifies the Director of Maintenance, Chief Inspector and Director of Operations concerning abnormal situations such as accidents, or irregular flight operations due to mechanical malfunction such as return to field, aborted takeoff, or aircraft diversion, and such other issues as necessary.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Identifies and reports hazards and risk within Aerodynamics operations in a timely manner and in accordance with the Safety Management System Manual.
• FAA Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) License
• Must meet the recent experience requirements of 14CFR 65.83 (i.e. 6 months experience in the last 24 months) required
• Demonstrated technical expertise on all operational fleet types required
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required. Must be fluent in the English Language
• Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with line, flight, and management personnel required
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple tasks required • Regular and predictable at attendance required
• Embraer 145 series experience is desired.
• Strong skills with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook. Specific competency in database and spreadsheet programs considered very important.
• Knowledge of Rockwell Collins FOS Scheduling and compliance software
• Knowledge of CAMP (maintenance tracking operating program)
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to professionally represent Aerodynamics with internal and external entities.
• Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to write, present technical reports.
Job Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Candidate should have a background in aircraft maintenance, specifically turbine aircraft.
• Part 121 Airline Operations.
• Formal and informal aircraft systems training
• Maintenance of aircraft, avionics, APU, engine systems and other ancillary systems
• Use of specialized tools
• Ground support equipment
• Technical reports and forms
• Online Aircraft Maintenance Manuals, CAMP Computerized Maintenance Program, Vendor Catalogs and Parts Catalogs
• Aircraft logbook procedures and computer based aircraft maintenance tracking systems
• Familiarity with using and interpreting the Minimum Equipment List (MEL) including its processes and procedures.
• Must be detail orientated with ability to multi-task on a regular basis.
• Must have well-developed people skills and ability to work with a variety of personalities. Must exhibit patience while at the same time is assertive and controls the maintenance operation in a professional manner.
• Must be flexible with respect to work schedule and willing to assist and support others within the company when needed.
• Ability to prioritize and coordinate with associated departments
Please submit your resume to email@example.com