Cost Accountant- St. Cloud, MN
Doherty Career Solutions has teamed with our manufacturing client to hire a Cost Accountant. The Cost Accountant is accountable for the development and ongoing maintenance of accurate cost systems and inventory controls.
*Direct Hire Opportunity
- Maintain and control accurate standards in the ERP System that represent the costs at divisional work centers including raw material, labor and overhead. Key person involved with building the standards, updating annually and as needed, become subject matter expert on how standards process works in the ERP system.
- Able to use various costing techniques - - bring new cost analysis tools.
- Primary resource for questions concerning our costs; assist personnel with questions when pricing a product or analyzing a customer.
- Support Financial Planning and Analysis Manager with activities around profitability and business decision
- Coordinate and monitor activities related to the physical and cycle counts of inventories; investigating all discrepancies.
- Assist with activities related to SOX controls including but not limited to Inventory Controls, SOX self-testing and SOX audits
- Review standard versus actual costs and prepare variance analysis by division.
- Provide key metrics tracking for management.
- Support development of Annual Operating Plan as needed.
- Determine profitability by species, customer, and product.
- Assist plant personnel with projects concerning costs associated with various operation process alternatives.
- Look for and develop continuous improvement opportunities with respect to reporting, utilization of our ERP system and analysis
- Possess solid knowledge of accounting concepts to support closing process and financial accounting as needed. Assist with Financial audits as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BS degree in Accounting or related study or relevant experience
- 3-5 years manufacturing experience
- Proficient in Excel including pivot tables
- Cost accounting knowledge