Associate Designer - Design Partnerships
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
ASSOCIATE DESIGNER -DESIGN PARTNERSHIPS TEAMSupport Target Owned Brand Product Design and Development with direction from design leaders to achieve overall product design strategy and merchant objectives. Manage workload and understand the product development process and key deadlines.PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Diligent approach to workload, maintaining good, timely communication with business partners, team members and a cross functional team
- Supports product, brand, trend and guest research
- Support team to create concepts, select color stories and develop fabrics, prints, trim and graphics
- Support team in preparing specs from initial concept to technical design cards
- Translate ideas quickly working in a clear and logical way using CAD/hand sketches for technical packs including measurements, fabric and trim details. Complete all technical sketches for domestic and overseas programs
- Prepare professional presentation boards with illustrations, CAD artwork, fabrication garment samples, and material & technique swatches
- Communicate fit and construction details to Technical Design department
- Support development and execution of trim, print, embellishment, hardware packages
- Prepare development packages and participate in all communication and follow up related to each package in support of the team
- Input and maintain accurate information in a systemMINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- 4 year Design, Fine Art or similar degree.
- Minimum 1-4 years of relevant experience.
- Computer design system skills including InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Experience in CAD illustration or 2D/3D software.
- Trend/fashion awareness
- Demonstrated high taste level and creative ability.
- Understanding of textiles, garment construction/fit or raw materials & product production.
- Experience assimilating product feedback.
- Ability to research and apply market/trend information.
- Ability to successfully work in a team environment.This description is intended as a guide only, the listed duties are subject to be changed