Sr L&D Business Partner
The Sr. L&D Business Partner is an experienced and dynamic learning professional with in-depth instructional design, mobile and technical content development skills. This candidate must possess experience and a proven track record of designing and developing engaging learning activities and compelling course content that enhances retention and speed to competency.
- Applies adult learning theory to instructional design: Incorporates sound principles of current learning theory to the practice of instructional design. Selects learning approaches that best address the needs of the learners and the organization.
- Collaborates with learning design project members: Builds partnerships and relationships among the participants (such as Lead Instructional Designer, Client Engagement Lead, and Subject Matter Expert) in a learning design project and establishes sign-off and approval processes for each step of the design process.
- Integrates technology options to achieve learning goals: Integrates existing and emerging technologies (such as Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality, and Mobile) to achieve learning goals. Integrates new material and technologies with existing learning resources to produce a coherent blended solution.
- Evaluates needs assessment to identify and select the appropriate learning solution: Identifies organizational objectives and the learning opportunity. Identifies anticipated constraints or problems affecting design success or failure such as equipment deficiencies or lack of support.
- Designs instructional material: Identifies and documents measurable learning objectives. Selects and uses a variety of techniques to define, structure, and sequence the instructional content and strategies. Designs instructional content to reflect an understanding of the diversity of learners or groups of learners.
- Develops technology and mobile based instructional materials: Selects or modifies existing instructional materials or develops new instructional materials (in a technology based learning format e.g., AR, VR, and mobile). Conducts review of materials with appropriate parties, such as subject matter experts, design team, and the target audience. Designs or builds assets to support the learning experience and meet objectives as appropriate. Develops instructional content to reflect an understanding of the diversity of learners or groups of learners.
- Evaluates learning design: Conducts appropriate test and revision cycles to assess and test the learning design solution and its impact. Assesses whether the learning design solution produces positive results, such as a change in learner skill, knowledge, and/or behavior.
- Proven working experience in instructional design and with instructional technology, preferably in a corporate environment
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts
- Excellent knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
- Excellent lesson, course, and content development skills
- Basic HTML, Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality, and Mobile understanding
- Solid knowledge of course development software (Captivate, Storyline, InDesign)
- Visual design skills (Photoshop, Illustrator) and ability to storyboard
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to independently manage multiple concurrent projects
- Excellent written and oral communications