Sr Researcher - UX & Accessibility
Senior Researcher - UX & AccessibilityThe Senior Researcher is responsible for building empathy for the Target Guest throughout the product development lifecycle for Target's web, app and registry product teams. As a pivotal member the Target's UX and Accessibility team, this team member will support Product Designers, Product Managers and Engineering for a broad set of digital and in-store experiences. Research projects, in cooperation with product teams and additional researchers, span future-thinking discovery projects, lean UX research to support product team needs, and design validation testing to enable Guest empathy and understanding throughout our development lifecycle and constant optimization.The researcher will translate research insights into powerful stories that help shape product design and development and garner leader's support within the team. You utilize quantitative and qualitative research methods and know when to use one or the other. Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. Take the lead as you…
- Support the Principal Researcher with research requests, from scoping initiatives, coordinating testing needs and synthesizing findings.
- Support product teams (product owners, designers, engineering) throughout the research project life cycle - recommending appropriate methodology, scoping, and coordinating the entire process, facilitating in-field research and post-research synthesis through analysis.
- Conduct and synthesize qualitative research projects - including, but not limited to: in person moderated testing, remote moderated & unmoderated testing, surveys, heuristic reviews, benchmark studies, concept testing, online & in-store intercepts, ethnographies, shop-alongs.
- Assist the broader team in keeping our ongoing research library up-to-date and comprehensive.
- 2-4 years of experience practicing UX design research for digital product teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; demonstrated ability to effectively communicate complex concepts to cross functional partners
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; comfortable speaking to a diverse group of people and leading conversations to discover research insights.
- A strong ability to tell compelling stories from data.
- Comfortable within ambiguity with the ability to prioritize; demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects (both small and large) and adjust to changing priorities
- Strong project management skills - experience managing multiple projects at various stages in the project life cycle.
- Experience running, recruiting, moderating and analysis of online panels and thinking strategically about their application.
- Proficient in Powerpoint, Outlook, Word and other MS Office software.
- Expertise in video editing software.
- 4 year degree in Anthropology, Social Science, Design Research, Psychology or related field
- Experience in Lean UX Research methods, including remote moderated & unmoderated testing, online & in-context (store) intercepts.
- Demonstrated understanding of accessibility user testing using assistive technologies.