Lead L&D Consultant
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
The Lead L&D Consultant is an experienced and dynamic learning professional with in-depth project management, instructional design, mobile and technical content development skills. This candidate must possess experience and a proven track record of designing and developing engaging learning curriculum, course content, and compelling learning activities that maximize speed to competency and tie to organizational business objectives.
- Applies adult learning theory to instructional design: Incorporates sound principles of current learning theory to the practice of instructional design. Selects learning approaches that best address the needs of the learners and the organization.
- Leads and Collaborates with learning design project members: Builds partnerships and relationships among the participants (such as Content Developer, Client Engagement Lead, and Subject Matter Expert) in a learning design project and establishes sign-off and approval processes for each step of the design process. Project manages the design and development process (such as timelines, project team members, and deliverables).
- Identifies and Integrates technology options to achieve learning goals: Identifies emerging technologies (such as Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality, and Mobile) and integrates existing to achieve learning goals. Integrates new material and technologies with existing learning resources to produce a coherent blended solution.
- Evaluates needs assessment to identify and select the appropriate learning solution: Identifies organizational objectives and the learning opportunity. Ensures learning solution strategy is tied to organizational learning design/learning culture strategy. Identifies anticipated constraints or problems affecting design success or failure such as equipment deficiencies or lack of support.
- Designs instructional material: Identifies and documents measurable learning objectives strategically aligned to organizational business objective. Selects and uses a variety of techniques to define, structure, and sequence the instructional content and strategies. Designs instructional content to reflect an understanding of the diversity of learners or groups of learners.
- Designs a curriculum, program, or learning solution: Uses a variety of techniques for determining instructional content. Creates or partners with others to plan and design the curriculum, program, or learning solution. Designs an experience that enables formal and informal learning.
- Develops instructional materials: Selects or modifies existing instructional materials or develops new instructional materials in a technology based learning format (e.g., AR, VR, and mobile). Conducts review of materials with appropriate parties, such as subject matter experts, design team, and the target audience. Designs or builds assets to support the learning experience and meet objectives as appropriate. Develops instructional content to reflect an understanding of the diversity of learners or groups of learners.
- Evaluates learning design: Assesses whether the learning design solution produces positive results, such as a change in learner skill, knowledge, and/or behavior. Ensures learning strategy and objectives are met.
- Proven working experience in instructional design and with instructional technology, preferably in a corporate environment
- Excellent knowledge of Instructional Design learning theories, processes and instructional design models
- Excellent curriculum, course, lesson, and content development skills
- Ability to cultivate and maintain solid cross functional relationships on all projects, and develop ongoing professional networking relationships with project partners
- Organizational skills necessary to maintain project-level plans, documents, and deliverables
- Basic HTML, Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality, and Mobile understanding
- Solid knowledge of course development software (Captivate, Storyline, InDesign)
- Visual design skills (Photoshop, Illustrator) and ability to storyboard
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to independently manage multiple concurrent projects
- Excellent written and oral communications